Bible verses about yoga
The goal of yoga is to be one with the universe. In Scripture you will not find anything to justify the practice of yoga. You can try to justify your sins but remember God is not mocked. You are the creation you can’t be one with the Creator. Scripture never says to clear your minds, but it says to meditate on the Word of God.
If you meditate on the Word you will clearly see yoga is evil and there is no way to justify it. Many professing Christians are being deceived by Satan. Do not worship God how the pagans do.
Yoga has demonic roots and it can’t I repeat it can’t be separated from Hinduism. You can’t put a Christian name tag on it and call it Christian.
You can exercise and stretch, but Christians cannot follow other religions. If you want to get closer to God you must continually talk to Him and meditate on His Word. Have fellowship with Jesus Christ.
Yoga separates you from Jesus and opens up your body to evil influences and spiritual attacks. More and more professing Christians are departing from the faith and doing things that God hates. Put on the full armor of God and walk by the Spirit so you can discern the will of God.
Don’t deceive yourself, don’t be like the world, and don’t let a false teacher tell you it is OK because these days there will be many who will tell you what you want to hear. There are no excuses on the Day of Judgment. Yoga is evil plain and simple, do not love the things of the world.
Satan is very crafty don’t be deceived like most of the world.
1. Genesis 3:1-4 Now the snake was the most clever of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day the snake said to the woman, Did God really say that you must not eat fruit from any tree in the garden? The woman answered the snake, We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden. But God told us, You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden. You must not even touch it, or you will die. But the snake said to the woman, You will not die.
2. 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
3. Ephesians 6:11-14 Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s clever tricks. Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places. That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil, you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist, and on your chest wear the protection of right living.
Have nothing to do with demonic practices.
4. Romans 12:1-2 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you. Don’t become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants—what is good, pleasing, and perfect.
5. 1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit says clearly that in later times some believers will desert the Christian faith. They will follow spirits that deceive, and they will believe the teachings of demons.
6. 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
7. 1 Timothy 6:20-21 Timothy, guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness. May God’s grace be with you all.
You’re opening up your body to spiritual attacks and evil influences.
8. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
9. Hebrews 13:8-9 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever! Do not be carried away by all sorts of strange teachings. For it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not ritual meals, which have never benefited those who participated in them.
10. 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?
If you’re going to meditate let it be on the Word of God.
11. Joshua 1:8-9 This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do. Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
12. Psalm 1:2-3 Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted beside streams of water that bears its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
13. Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.
14. Philippians 4:8-10 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
15. 1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness.
Jeremiah 10:2 This is what the LORD says: Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the heavens, though the nations are terrified by them.