Bible verses about worshipping Mary
Bowing down and praying is a form of worship. Catholics bow down and pray to statues and images of Mary which Scripture clearly forbids. They worship Mary more than they do Jesus Christ. Nowhere in Scripture does it say Mary will be a mediator.
Nowhere in Scripture does it say to pray and give thanks and honor to a man-made carving or a man-made painting. Nowhere in Scripture does it tell you to ask Mary to pray for you.
If I drew a woman on a piece of paper and called it Mary would you go in front of that paper, bow down, and start praying to it? You can’t worship God through created things. Jesus Christ is eternal and Mary is not the mother of God because God has no mother.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Mary was not in the beginning, but Catholicism turns her into a goddess. Mary was a sinner just like I am a sinner, just like you are a sinner, just like Paul was a sinner, just like Joseph was a sinner, etc.
Jesus Christ came to die for the sins of the world including Mary and everyone including Mary has to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior to get into Heaven.
All the worship, all the praise, all the honor belongs to God and He will not let anyone take away from the glory that is rightfully His. God will not be mocked. The Catholic Church is sending many people to hell. There will be no justifying sin and clear in your face biblical teachings when in front of God.
Pope John Paul II clearly prays to Mary
“Together we lift our confident and sorrowful petition to you.”
“Hear the cry of the pain of victims of war and so many forms of violence that bloody the earth.”
“Clear away the darkness of sorrow and worry, of hate and vengeance.”
“Open up our minds and hearts to faith and forgiveness!”
Catholics clearly worship statues and images of Mary.
1. Exodus 20:4-5 You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.
2. Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
One mediator and that is Christ.
3. 1 Timothy 2:5 For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.
4. Hebrews 7:25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
5. John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
The angels remind us to worship God and no one else.
6. Revelation 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Mary was a sinner.
7. Ecclesiastes 7:20 Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
The last days: Many will do all they can to justify rebellion and clear biblical teachings.
8. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
9. 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.
10. Psalm 115:1-8 Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat. Those who make them become like them; so do all who trust in them.
11. Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
12. 1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.
13. Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
14. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
15. Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
2 Thessalonians 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.