Bible verses about role models
Being a role model for others is very important in Christianity. We are to be the light of the world. Unbelievers cannot see because they are in darkness. We are to let our light shine. That doesn’t mean we are to try to act religious and put on a front in front of others, but we are to imitate Christ.
Allowing others to see our light can lead others to finding Christ. God is going to use you to save some people in your life. The best testimony is not what we say to others, it’s how we live our lives.
Even if they seem like they don’t care unbelievers are always watching us. Not only should we be a role model to outsiders and other believers, but we should be a good example for our kids.
Kids tend to pick up on what they see. If they see bad they’re going to do bad and if they see good they’re going to do good.
Teach them by example. Fix your eyes on Jesus who is the ultimate role model.
- Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it.
- Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice. – Charles F Kettering.
The importance of role models.
1. Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
What does the Bible say?
2. Titus 2:7-8 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified, sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.
3. Matthew 5:13-16 “You are salt for the earth. But if salt loses its taste, how will it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled on by people. “You are light for the world. A city cannot be hidden when it is located on a hill. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lamp stand. Then its light shines on everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven.
4.1 Peter 2:12 Continue to live such upright lives among the gentiles that, when they slander you as practicers of evil, they may see your good actions and glorify God when he visits them.
5. 1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.
6. Hebrews 13:7 Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
7. Titus 1:6-8 An elder must be blameless. He must be the husband of one wife and have children who are believers and who are not accused of having wild lifestyles or of being rebellious. Because an overseer is God’s servant manager, he must be blameless. He must not be arrogant or irritable. He must not drink too much, be a violent person, or make money in shameful ways. Instead, he must be hospitable to strangers, must appreciate what is good, and be sensible, honest, moral, and self-controlled.
How to be a good role model? Being like Christ.
8. 1 Corinthians 11:1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.
9. 1 Peter 2:21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.
10. 1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
11. John 13:15 I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.
12. Titus 2:3-5 Likewise, older women are to show their reverence for God by their behavior. They are not to be gossips or addicted to alcohol, but to be examples of goodness. They should encourage the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible and pure, to manage their households, to be kind, and to submit themselves to their husbands. Otherwise, the word of God may be discredited.
Being a godly role model while parenting.
13. Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
14. Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
We have to be positive role models so we don’t cause others to stumble.
15. 1 Corinthians 8:9-10 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
16. 1 Corinthians 8:12 When you sin against other believers in this way and harm their weak consciences, you are sinning against Christ.
17. Hebrews 6:11-12 But we want each of you to continue to be diligent to the very end, in order to give full assurance to your hope. 12 Then, instead of being lazy, you will imitate those who are inheriting the promises through faith and patience.
18. Proverbs 22:1 A good reputation is more desirable than great wealth, and favorable acceptance more than silver and gold.
19. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from every form of evil.
20. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things.
The world is watching. We must not live in hypocrisy. We must be set apart.
21. Matthew 23:1-3 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses. So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach.
22. Romans 2:24 No wonder the Scriptures say, “The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you.”
23. Philippians 3:17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.
24. 1 Thessalonians 1:5-7 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.
25. 2 Thessalonians 3:7-9 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate.