Bible verses about grandchildren
Are you expecting a new grandchild? Need some quotes to put in a card? What a blessing it is to have grandchildren. They are the crown of the aged. Always pray and thank God for them. Be a great and loving role model to them teaching them the Word of God.
A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.
What does the Bible say?
1. Deuteronomy 6:2 and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the LORD your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life.
2. Proverbs 17:6 Grandchildren are the crown of the elderly, and the pride of sons is their fathers.
3. Psalm 128:5-6 May the LORD continually bless you from Zion. May you see Jerusalem prosper as long as you live. May you live to enjoy your grandchildren. May Israel have peace!
4. Isaiah 59:21-22 “As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the LORD. “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants–from this time on and forever,” says the LORD. “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
5. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
6. Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
7. Deuteronomy 4:8-9 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today? Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
8. Proverbs 13:22 Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the sinner’s wealth passes to the godly.
9. Genesis 31:55-Genesis 32:1 Early in the morning Laban arose and kissed his grandchildren and his daughters and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned home. Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
10. Genesis 48:10-13 Now Israel’s eyes were failing because of old age, and he could hardly see. So Joseph brought his sons close to him, and his father kissed them and embraced them. Israel said to Joseph, “I never expected to see your face again, and now God has allowed me to see your children too.” Then Joseph removed them from Israel’s knees and bowed down with his face to the ground. And Joseph took both of them, Ephraim on his right toward Israel’s left hand and Manasseh on his left toward Israel’s right hand, and brought them close to him.
11. Genesis 31:28 You didn’t even let me kiss my grandchildren and my daughters goodbye. You have done a foolish thing.
12. Genesis 45:10 You shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you shall be near me, you and your children and your children’s children, and your flocks, your herds, and all that you have.
13. Exodus 10:1-2 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them, and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your grandson how I have dealt harshly with the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them, that you may know that I am the LORD.”
14. Job 42:16 Job lived 140 years after that, living to see four generations of his children and grandchildren.
15. Ezekiel 37:25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever.