What does the Bible say about morning prayer?
It’s always great to pray in the morning. Give the Lord thanks for everything. Wake up to some great Scriptures that you can put anywhere in your room. When we wake up the flesh wants everything, but prayer. It wants to check emails, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, the news, etc. That is why we must live by the Spirit. Pour your heart out to God and connect with the Lord to start your day off in the best way.
Christian quotes about starting the morning off with prayer
“I have only missed my morning watch once or twice this term… I can easily believe that it is next in importance to accepting Christ. For I know that when I don’t wait upon God in prayer and Bible study, things go wrong.” William Borden
“If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning, the devil gets the victory through the day and I have so much business I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer.” Martin Luther
“The entire day receives order and discipline when it acquires unity. This unity must be sought and found in morning prayer. The morning prayer determines the day.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Morning prayer Scriptures that will inspire intimacy with God
When I start my day with the Lord, I’m most effective for the Lord. When you start with God, you have a heart of gratitude and you are surrendering to the sovereign God the universe. We shouldn’t just pray and read the Bible on Saturday or Sunday before church.
Jesus died so you can have a genuine relationship with Him. We should be enjoying the Lord and being still before Him every day of the week. There is so much more of God to experience. Let’s seek Him as we should. If you are struggling in the morning, here are Scriptures for morning prayer and devotion to the Lord.
1. Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
2. Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your loyal love! Then we will shout for joy and be happy all our days!
3. Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, hear my voice. In the morning I lay my needs in front of you, and I wait.
4. Psalm 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
5. Psalm 57:7-10 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
6. Psalm 30:5 (ESV) “For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.”
7. Genesis 32:26 (NIV) “Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
8. Psalm 59:16-17 (NASB) “But as for me, I will sing of Your strength; Yes, I will joyfully sing of Your faithfulness in the morning, For You have been my refuge And a place of refuge on the day of my distress. 17 My strength, I will sing praises to You; For God is my refuge, the God who shows me favor.”
9. Psalm 55:17 “Morning, noon, and night, I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice.”
Praising God in the morning verses
The first thing we should do when we wake up is run and spend time with the Lord. Don’t run to your phone or your computer. I encourage you to run to Christ and lay at His feet. This is one of the most powerful things that you can do as a Christian.
In the morning I say, “thank you Lord for waking we up.” There are so many different things to praise God for. Do you realize how blessed you are? It is a blessing to wake up. It is a blessing to be able to worship God. It is a blessing to have a good morning in your home. It is a blessing to drink water and eat breakfast. There are so many things that we can easily take for granted. Let’s make a habit of praising the Lord daily, especially first thing in the morning. Learn more with these inspirational Scriptures.
10. Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV) “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
11. Isaiah 50:4 “The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of discipleship, to sustain the weary with a word. He awakens Me morning by morning; He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.”
12. Mark 1:35 “In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.”
13. Psalm 88:13 (NIV) But to You I have cried out, O Lord, And in the morning my prayer comes before You.”
14. Psalm 148:1-4 “Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above. 2 Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts. 3 Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. 4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.”
15. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Morning prayer for guidance and wisdom
16. Psalm 86:11-12 Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
17. Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
18. Psalm 119:35 Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
Morning prayer when you need strength and feel like you can’t get up.
19. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
21. Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
22. Psalm 73:26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Early morning prayer for God’s protection
23. Psalm 86:2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God.
24. Psalm 40:11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
25. Psalm 140:4 Guard me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have planned to trip up my feet.