Bible verses about Ten Commandments
Many people falsely think they are Christians because they obey the Ten Commandments, obey the Bible, and are good people. How can you be saved by your own merits if you broke one of God’s commandments? God desires perfection and you can never reach that.
If you think you are saved by obeying the Ten commandments let’s see if you’re saved. If you have ever hated someone that means you are a murderer. If you have ever lusted at the opposite sex that means you are an adulterer. What fills your thoughts the most? What or who are you always thinking about? There is your God. If you have lied or stolen something even the smallest things you are a liar and a thief. If you have ever talked back or rolled your eyes at your parents you did not honor them. If you have ever wanted something that wasn’t yours that is sin.
If God judges you by just some of the Commandments you are going to hell for eternity. If you think you’re going to Heaven by going to church or obeying the Bible be afraid. Know that you are a sinner in need of a Savior. God is holy separated from all evil and since we are bad people we do not meet his standards. We have hope. God came down in the flesh and Jesus Christ lived a perfect life and he went on that cross and took upon the wrath of God that we deserve. The only way to reconcile you to a holy and just God was for God Himself to come down.
Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He died, was buried, and resurrected for your sins. You don’t deserve it, but he still loved you. A Christian is not going to say Christ died for me I can sin all I want. That shows you are not truly converted. You will obey the Lord because your heart is drawn towards Christ, you love Him, and you’re thankful for what he has done. No Christian rebels against the Word of God and lives a continuous lifestyle of sin. We will still sin because we are still sinners, but our desires are not to sin. Our desires are for Christ it’s all about Him. It’s not about getting out of hell. Christ loved you and died for you. Apart from Him you can’t even breath.
God will work in your life to make you in the image of Christ and you will be a new creation. You will start to separate from the world. You will hate the things that God hates and you will love the things that God loves. Some grow slower than others, but there will be growth in your walk of faith if you are truly saved. Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven. Repent and put your trust in Him alone for salvation.
What does the Bible say?
1. Exodus 20:3 “You must not have any other god but me.
2. Exodus 20:4-6 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected–even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
3. Exodus 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
4. Exodus 20:8-10 “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the LORD your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you.
5. Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
7. Exodus 20:14 “You shall not commit adultery.
8. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. Exodus 20:15 “You must not steal.
10. Exodus 20:17 “You must not covet your neighbor’s house. You must not covet your neighbor’s wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor.”
God writes his law on our hearts.
11. Romans 2:15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them.
12. Hebrews 8:10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
13. Hebrews 10:16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”
14. Jeremiah 31:33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
15. Romans 7:7-11 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.
Galatians 2:21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.