Bible verses about Gods name
God reveals Himself through His name. The name of the Lord is holy. Don’t play around with His name. When we use His name it should be used with great seriousness.
It is sinful to take the Lord’s name in vain, but sadly this is what the world likes to do. In honor of God’s name walk faithfully with Him and obey Him. Be thankful and continually praise His holy name.
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
2. 2 Thessalonians 1:12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. 2 Timothy 2:19 But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”
4. Micah 4:5 All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
5. Isaiah 26:13 LORD our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us, but your name alone do we honor.
We must stop taking the Lord’s name in vain.
6. Exodus 20:7 “You must not misuse the name of the LORD your God. The LORD will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name.
7. Leviticus 19:12 “‘Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.
8. Deuteronomy 5:11 “You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
9. Psalm 139:20 They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain.
10. Psalm 30:4 Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people; praise his holy name.
11. Psalm 61:8 Then I will ever sing in praise of your name and fulfill my vows day after day.
12. Psalm 97:12 Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.
13. Psalm 100:4-5 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
14. Psalm 135:13 Your name, LORD, endures forever, your renown, LORD, through all generations.
15. Psalm 72:17 May his name endure forever; may it continue as long as the sun. Then all nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him blessed.
Call on His name.
16. Romans 10:9-13 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile–the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.“
17. Joel 2:32 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.
18. Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’
Cause no one to blaspheme God because of your actions.
19. Romans 2:24 As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”
God will never forsake you.
20. 1 Samuel 12:22 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own.
21. Psalm 79:9 Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name’s sake.
22. Psalm 106:8 Yet he saved them for his name’s sake, to make his mighty power known.
You will be hated for His name.
23. Mark 13:13 And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
24. John 15:21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.
25. 1 Kings 5:5 I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God, as the LORD told my father David, when he said, ‘Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.
Matthew 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.