What does the Bible say about daughters?
Daughters are a beautiful blessing from the Lord. God’s Word is the main source for training a godly girl into a godly woman. Tell her about Christ. Encourage your daughter with the Bible so she can grow up to be a strong Christian woman.
Remind her of the power of prayer and that God is always watching over her. Lastly, love your daughter and thank God for an amazing blessing. Read more about why we should have children.
Christian quotes about daughters
“I am the daughter of a King that is not moved by the world. For my God is with me and goes before me. I do not fear because I am His.”
“Nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is brave, strong and emboldened because of who Christ is in her.”
“A daughter may outgrow your lap but she will never outgrow your heart.”
“There is nothing ordinary about you. You are the daughter of the King and your story is significant.”
“Hide yourself in God, so when a man wants to find you he will have to go there first.”
“A daughter is God’s way of saying “thought you could use a lifelong friend.”
“Virtue is the strength and power of the daughters of God.”
Let’s learn what Scripture says about daughters
1. Ruth 3:10-12 Then Boaz said, “The Lord bless you, my daughter. This act of kindness is greater than the kindness you showed to Naomi in the beginning. You didn’t look for a young man to marry, either rich or poor. Now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do everything you ask, because all the people in our town know you are a good woman. It is true that I am a relative who is to take care of you, but you have a closer relative than I.
2. Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
3. Ezekiel 16:44 “Everyone who uses proverbs will speak the following saying against you: Like mother, like daughter.
4. Psalm 144:12 May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.
5. James 1:17-18 Every generous act of giving and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father who made the heavenly lights, in whom there is no inconsistency or shifting shadow. In accordance with his will he made us his children by the word of truth, so that we might become the most important of his creatures.
6. John 16:21-22 When a woman is in labor she has pain, because her time has come. Yet when she has given birth to her child, she doesn’t remember the agony anymore because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world. Now you are having pain. But I’ll see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.
7. Proverbs 31:30-31 Charm is deceitful and beauty fades; but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised. Reward her for her work let her actions result in public praise.
8. 1 Peter 3:3-4 Do not let your adorning be external the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.
9. 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
Praying for your daughter
10. Ephesians 1:16-17 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
11. 2 Timothy 1:3-4 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.
12. Numbers 6:24-26 The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Daughters obey your parents
13. Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
14. Matthew 15:4 For God said: Honor your father and your mother; and, The one who speaks evil of father or mother must be put to death.
15. Proverbs 23:22 Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
Examples of daughters in the Bible
16. Genesis 19:30-31 Afterward Lot left Zoar because he was afraid of the people there, and he went to live in a cave in the mountains with his two daughters.
17. Genesis 34:9-10 “Intermarry with us; give your daughters to us and take our daughters for yourselves. “Thus you shall live with us, and the land shall be open before you; live and trade in it and acquire property in it.”
18. Numbers 26:33 (One of Hepher’s descendants, Zelophehad, had no sons, but his daughters’ names were Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.)
19. Ezekiel 16:53 “‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them,
20. Judges 12:9 He had thirty sons and thirty daughters. He sent his daughters to marry men outside his clan, and he brought in thirty young women from outside his clan to marry his sons. Ibzan judged Israel for seven years.
Bonus: God’s Word
Deuteronomy 11:18-20 Fix these words of mine into your mind and being, and tie them as a reminder on your hands and let them be symbols on your forehead. Teach them to your children and speak of them as you sit in your house, as you walk along the road, as you lie down, and as you get up. Inscribe them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates
Thank you Fritz. Blessings to you for this article.
This is so wonderful. I have two beautiful daughters and this is very useful. May God bless you more in Jesus mighty name Amen ?.
This was very helpful and a blessing! I have two daughters 19 and 9 years old so I truly believe in training up a child. Plus this came in time for me to add to my sister hood meetings at my church. Thank you greatly and may the Lord continue to use you mighty!
Beautiful family and life encouraging biblical lessons.