It is so sad when I hear and read about people not wanting kids. Most of the time it’s for ungodly reasons like pursuing worldly gain. A virtuous woman and a godly man will want to have kids.
It is your child who will increase your happiness. Your kids are the ones that will help you when you get older. Always remember that children are the future.
They are the ones who will advance God’s kingdom and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are many reasons for why you should have children. Here are 10 of them.
- “Having one child makes you a parent; having two, you are a referee.”
- “No one can imagine life having their own children. But when they are born, no one can imagine life without them.”
- “Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you’ve gained from having one.”
- “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”
1. They are a gift from God.
Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.
2. They will bring you joy and you will laugh more.
John 16:20-22 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
Proverbs 23:24-25 The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful!
Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
3. Kids add meaning.
Psalm 127:4-5 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
4. God says, “be fruitful and multiply.”
Genesis 1:28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”
5. They will help you grow in responsibility and help decrease your selfishness because you are putting your child before yourself.
Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
6. We learn more about love.
Ephesians 5:1-2 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
7. God is always working in your life to make you into the image of Christ. Children will help you grow as a Christian.
James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
8. Kids make you healthier.
Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
9. You get to share the faith and become a better evangelist. By being a teacher you will also learn more.
Philemon 1:6 and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
10. God loves you more than you can love a child. Having a child is a representation of God and His children.
Matthew 7:8-11 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!