Bible verses about cursing your parents
The way you treat your parents will have a huge effect on your life. God commands us to honor our mother and father and let me say this, you only have one life so don’t waste it. There will be a day when your parents will die and all you have is memories.
They fed you, changed your diapers, gave you clothes, shelter, love, etc. Love them, obey them, and cherish every moment with them.
Thank God because there are some people who don’t have a mom and dad on earth anymore. Cursing your parents doesn’t always have to be to their face.
You can curse them in your heart as well. You can talk back, roll your eyes, wish harm, talk about them negatively to others, etc. God hates all this. We are in the end times and there will be more and more disobedient children because many parents stopped disciplining and teaching their kids God’s Word.
Kids are being influenced by evil things on websites, TV, bad friends, and other bad influences. If you cursed your parents you must repent now and apologize. If you are a parent and your child cursed at you then you must discipline them, and help teach them with the Word of God. Never curse back, don’t provoke them to anger, but continue to love and help them.
1. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
What does the Bible say?
2. Matthew 15:4 For God said: Honor your father and your mother; and, The one who speaks evil of father or mother must be put to death.
3. Proverbs 20:20 Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
4. Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
5. Leviticus 20:9 If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his bloodguiltiness is upon him.
6. Proverbs 30:11 “There are those who curse their fathers and do not bless their mothers;
7. Deuteronomy 27:16 “Cursed is anyone who dishonors their father or mother.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”
8. Proverbs 30:17 The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.
9. Matthew 15:18-20 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
10. “Exodus 21:15 Whoever strikes his father or his mother shall be put to death.
11. Proverbs 15:20 A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother.
Honor your parents
12. Ephesians 6:1-2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” this is the first commandment with a promise.
13. Proverbs 1:8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
14. Proverbs 23:22 Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
15. Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
I endorse this narrative which sets out to explain the scripture. I believe it is explicit and right on point. I was raised in a Christian home and since my childhood have lived a God fearing life and have been very conscious of my thoughts words and deeds. I reference the Ten Commandments as the root of my conscience and moral compass.
This is a real eye opener. I haven’t necessarily “cursed” my parents but I have been upset with them at times and complained a lot because they don’t see things my way. Now that I see how much God hates this I vow to stop. I repent from the bottom of my heart and I ask God to please forgive me.