Bible verses about wishing harm on others
Sometimes in life people may hurt us it can be strangers, friends, and even family members. Regardless of who it is Christians should never wish death or harm upon anyone. We should never seek to hurt others in any way It might be hard, but we must forgive others who wronged us. Let God handle it on His own.
When Jesus was on the cross He never wished bad upon the people crucifying Him, but instead He prayed for them. In the same way we are to pray for others who wronged us in life.
Sometimes when we keep on dwelling on something someone did to us that creates evil thoughts in our head. The best way to avoid this is to stop dwelling on it.
Think about things that are honorable and seek peace. I encourage you to continually pray to the Lord for help in your situation and keep your mind on Him.
Would you want someone to do that to you?
1. Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
2. Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
Guard your heart
3. Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts–murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
4. Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
5. Colossians 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6. Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
7. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
8. Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
9. Luke 6:27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
10. Leviticus 19:18 “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
11. 1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
12.Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
13. Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
14. Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
15. Proverbs 24:29 Do not say, “I’ll do to them as they have done to me; I’ll pay them back for what they did.”
16. Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
17. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
18. Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
19. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
20. Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
21. Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Pray for help.
22. Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
23. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing,
24. Ephesians 4:27 and give no opportunity to the devil
25. Psalm 38:12 Meanwhile, my enemies lay traps to kill me. Those who wish me harm make plans to ruin me. All day long they plan their treachery.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ