Bible verses about fruits of the Spirit
When you put your trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you are given the Holy Spirit. There is only one Spirit, but there are 9 attributes of Him that are evident in a believers life. The Holy Spirit will work in our lives until death to conform us into the image of Christ.
Throughout our walk of faith He will continue to help us mature and produce the fruits of the Spirit.
Our Christian walk of faith is a continuous battle between our new nature and our old nature. We must walk by the Spirit daily and allow the Spirit to work in our lives.
- “If we know that the aim of the Holy Spirit is to lead man to the place of self-control, we shall not fall into passivity but shall make good progress in spiritual life. “The fruit of the Spirit is self-control”” Watchman Nee
- “No one can get Joy by merely asking for it. It is one of the ripest fruits of the Christian life, and, like all fruits, must be grown.” Henry Drummond
What does the Bible say?
1. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
2. Ephesians 5:8-9 For once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light, for the fruit that the light produces consists of every form of goodness, righteousness, and truth.
3. Matthew 7:16-17 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
4. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
5. Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
6. Philippians 1:6 I am convinced of this, that the one who began a good action among you will bring it to completion by the Day of the Messiah Jesus.
7. Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
8. John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
9. Colossians 3:14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
10. 1 Thessalonians 1:6 So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord.
11. Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God.
12. Hebrews 12:14 Pursue peace with everyone, as well as holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.
13. Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet observe, we eagerly wait for it with patience.
14. 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
15. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
16. Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to each other, sympathetic, forgiving each other as God has forgiven you through Christ.
17. Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
18. Deuteronomy 28:1 “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
19. Proverbs 28:20 The faithful man will prosper with blessings, but whoever is in a hurry to get rich will not escape punishment.
20. Titus 3:2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.
21. Ephesians 4:2-3 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love, diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us.
22. Titus 1:8 Instead he must be hospitable, devoted to what is good, sensible, upright, devout, and self-controlled.
23. Proverbs 25:28 Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.
24. Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
25. 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.