Bible verses about doing your best
There are a few points I want to touch on with this topic. First, we must never work for our salvation. Doing your best is not trying to get into Heaven by your own efforts. Scripture makes it clear that are good deeds are filthy rags. Trying to get right with God by faith and works is trying to bribe the judge.
God desires perfection and we all fall short of that standard. Jesus lived the perfect life that God desires and paid our sin debt in full. The Christian says, “Jesus is my only claim to Heaven. Jesus is the only way. My good works mean nothing. Jesus is enough for salvation.”
Repentance is the result of your true faith in Christ. It doesn’t save you, but evidence of true faith is that you will bear fruits of repentance.
A Christian obeys not because obeying saves us, but because Christ has saved us. We are so thankful for what was done for us. That’s why we live for Him.
That is why we seek to do His will. You can say that you’re a Christian all you want, but if you live in a continuous lifestyle of rebellion that shows you are unregenerate. What are your actions saying? In Christ we are perfect.
Do your best on your walk of faith. If God tells you to do something work hard and do your best. God will do all the things you can’t do.
God will help you and He will work in your life to get His will accomplished. Don’t trust and believe in yourself, which is unbiblical and dangerous. Trust in the Lord alone. Do your best for the glory of God.
- “Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn’t give you credit.”
- “If you’re doing your best, you won’t have time to worry about failure.” H.Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Do your best and let God do the rest.”
What does the Bible say?
1. 1 Samuel 10:7 After these signs take place, do what must be done, for God is with you.
2. Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever the activity in which you engage, do it with all your ability, because there is no work, no planning, no learning, and no wisdom in the next world where you’re going.
3. 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as an approved worker who has nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of truth with precision.
4. Galatians 6:9 Let’s not get tired of doing what is good, for at the right time we will reap a harvest—if we do not give up.
5. 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.
6. 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 You know that in a race all the runners run but only one wins the prize, don’t you? You must run in such a way that you may be victorious. Everyone who enters an athletic contest practices self-control in everything. They do it to win a wreath that withers away, but we run to win a prize that never fades.
7. Proverbs 16:3 Commit your work to the Lord, then it will succeed.
Our motivation for doing our best.
8. 1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
9. Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
10. Hebrews 12:2-3 fixing our attention on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of the faith, who, in view of the joy set before him, endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Think about the one who endured such hostility from sinners, so that you may not become tired and give up.
11. Romans 5:6-8 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
12. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
13. Romans 12:11 Never be lazy in your work, but serve the Lord enthusiastically.
14. Proverbs 12:24 The diligent hand will rule, but laziness will lead to forced labor.
15. Proverbs 13:4 The slacker craves, yet has nothing, but the diligent is fully satisfied.
16. 2 Timothy 2:6-7 And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.
17. Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and replied, “This is impossible for mere humans, but for God all things are possible.”
18. Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
19. 2 Corinthians 8:7 But as you excel in everything–in faith, in speech, in knowledge, and in all eagerness and in the love from us that is in you–make sure that you excel in this act of kindness too.
We are saved by faith, but true faith in Christ changes your life.
20. Matthew 7:14 How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.
Do your best to avoid sin by putting on the full armor of God.
21. Matthew 18:8-9 So if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life injured or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell fire.
22. 1 Corinthians 10:13 The only temptations that you have are the same temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to endure it.
23. James 4:7 Therefore, submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you.
Use the strength of Christ.
24. Colossians 1:29 That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.
25. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
So inspiring!!! Praise God! i will be taking my exam next week and it encourages me to stay on track and not give up. May the Lord bless you abundantly, Fritz Chery