Bible verses about quitting
As Christians we have all felt like we have wanted to quit before, but I learned even though at times we might feel weary there is something in us that won’t allow us to quit. The Spirit of the Lord won’t allow us to quit when things get hard. Stressful times like these is a time to build your prayer life. It is a time to get closer to the Lord and rest upon His grace. May these Scriptures be a blessing to you as they have been for me.
Christian quotes about quitting
- “Those times when you feel like quitting can be times of great opportunity, for God uses your troubles to help you grow.” Warren Wiersbe
- “Our quitting point is God’s beginning point.” Woodrow Kroll
- “When you feel like quitting: think about why you started.”
- “Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.”
- “The moment you’re ready to quit usually is the moment right before the miracle happens. Don’t give up.”
You have to continue to move.
If you are still alive that means you still have fight left in you.
1. Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
2. Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
3. 1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Sometimes we have to remember the small things that God takes care of.
If He helps the small things will He not take care of you? We have to hold on to the promises of God. Remember what He said in His Word. Is He going to lie? Even if it seems impossible God works best in impossibility because He will get all the glory.
4. Matthew 6:30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
5. Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
6. Job 38:41 Who provides food for the raven when its young cry out to God and wander about for lack of food?
7. Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Sometimes we forget that we are being watched by unbelievers.
Everyone knows that we’re Christians and we are saved by the blood of Christ. You are going to be a testimony. Everyone is saying, “where is the God that he/she trusts in?” For God’s great name He will make a way. Don’t quit, allow God to work.
8. 1 Samuel 12:22 For the sake of his great name, the LORD will not abandon his people, because the LORD wants to make you his people.
9. Jeremiah 14:21 For the sake of your name do not despise us; do not dishonor your glorious throne. Remember your covenant with us and do not break it.
10. Psalm 94:14 The LORD will not reject his people; he will not abandon his special possession.
God wants us to pray. He wants you to become stronger.
He wants your faith to grow. I’ve been through these times and I know that you feel terrible, but by God’s grace I stood tall and I grew in the process and you will too.
11. 1 Peter 1:7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold–though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
12. James 1:3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
13. Romans 5:3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance.
I’m tired of doubt. No other sin grieves God’s heart more than doubt. This is a time to just trust.
14. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
15. Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
What got me through my hard times was to think about the love of Christ.
How do you think Jesus felt in His situation? Look at all He went through for us. I don’t think we truly grasp how severe and painful the cross was. It was the love of God that drove Him to continue to do the will of God. God loves you so much.
16. Hebrews 12:3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, so that you won’t grow weary and lose heart.
17. Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
18. Zephaniah 3:17 For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
Sometimes we have to pray for mercy.
“Oh Lord help me. I need you.” Saying, “I need you” is one of my best prayers because you are coming to the Lord in humility and you are fully depending on the Lord. God will shower you with His love.
19. Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and find grace whenever we need help.
20. Psalm 40:11 LORD, do not withhold your mercy from me, for your gracious love and truthfulness will keep me safe continuously.
21. Psalm 31:9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
When a child asks His loving father for something, doesn’t His loving father help?
How much more will God help you in your situation! He is more powerful and He is more loving than anyone.
22. Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Christians never quit
Only unbelievers give up because they are without the Holy Spirit.
23. 2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
24, John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. – (The power of the Holy Spirit verses)
25. Philippians 4:13 I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.
You’re not going to quit. That is why you are on this website. A quitter would have been quit. You are no quitter. You just need some encouragement, which we all do at times. You are an overcomer!