Bible verses about needing God
We always hear people say that Jesus is all we need, but the thing is, He’s not just all we need. Jesus is all we have. Jesus gives a purpose for life. Without Him there is no reality and no meaning. Everything is about Christ. Without Christ we are dead.
Our next breath comes from Christ. Our next meal comes from Christ.
We are nothing without Christ and we can do nothing without Him. We couldn’t save ourselves and we never even wanted to.
We were dead in sin when Christ died for us and paid the price for us in full.
He is our only claim to Heaven. He is all we have. Because of Him we can know God. Because of Him we can enjoy God.
Because of Him we can pray to God. When you are going through trials you might think I need the Lord, but you must recognize that all you have is the Lord. Don’t only seek Him in hardships, always seek Him. Do all things for the glory of God.
Jesus Christ who was perfect, was crushed to pay your debts because He loves you. He is the only way sinners can have a relationship with a Holy God.
Don’t you see the true significance of Him dying on the cross for you? You were bought by a price. If God gave you a Savior when you were dead in your trespasses, what won’t He give you and what can’t He give you. Why doubt? God came through before and He’ll come through again.
God said He will always be there for you in hard times. Have faith that He will always provide for you. Seek Him through continuous prayer not just when you have bad days, but every day of your life. Meditate on His Word and believe in His promises.
Trust in Him with all your heart. He loves you and already knows what you’re going to ask before you ask Him. Pour your heart out to Him, because all you have is Him.
- “We need God as much in the calm as in the storm.” Jack Hyles
- “The servant is nothing, but God is everything.” Harry Ironside”
- “May I never forget that on my best day I still need God as desperately as I did on my worst day.”
God doesn’t need us we need Him.
1. Acts 17:24-27 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth. He doesn’t live in shrines made by human hands, and he isn’t served by people as if he needed anything. He himself gives everyone life, breath, and everything else. From one man he made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth, fixing the seasons of the year and the national boundaries within which they live, so that they might look for God, somehow reach for him, and find him. Of course, he is never far from any one of us.”
2. Job 22:2 “Can a person do anything to help God? Can even a wise person be helpful to him?”
3. John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in him produces much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.”
4. John 15:16 “You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.”
What does the Bible say?
5. John 14:8 “Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
7. Philippians 4:19-20 “And my God will fully supply your every need according to his glorious riches in the Messiah Jesus. Glory belongs to our God and Father forever and ever! Amen.”
8. Romans 8:32 “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”
9. Psalm 40:17 “As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay.”
10. Psalm 37:4 “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
11. Psalm 27:5 “For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.”
The world was created for Christ and in Christ. It’s all about Him.
12. Colossians 1:15-17 “Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see–such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.”
Jesus Christ is our only claim.
13. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.”
14. Galatians 3:13 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
The only reason that we can seek the Lord is because of Christ.
15. 2 Corinthians 5:18 “All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.”
16. Deuteronomy 4:29 “But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.”
17. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
18. Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
19. Hebrews 4:16 “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”
Let the Lord guide
20. Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way.”
21. Psalm 32:8 “The LORD says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”
22. Hebrews 11:6 “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.”
23. Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.”
24. Hebrews 13:5-6 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
25. Luke 1:37 “For no word from God will ever fail.”