Quotes about knowing your worth
It’s a beautiful thing when see ourselves as God sees us. Maybe you’re struggling to see yourself in that way. If so, my hope for you is that you are blessed by these inspirational quotes. I also encourage you to pray that God opens your eyes to your identity in Christ. If you are not a Christian I encourage you to learn how to be saved here.
You are valuable
Do you see yourself as valuable? If you don’t, then any negativity that someone or life throws your way is going to cause you to see yourself as less than what you are.
When your value does not come from Christ, then you will care far too much about how people see you. You will be afraid to be vulnerable. Your image of yourself will become clouded. Christians are valuable. You are loved and you were to die for. Christ made that clear on the cross. When you truly understand that and are living in this powerful truth, there is nothing that someone can say that will cause you to forget that.
1. “Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.”
2. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s thoughts about you, including your own.”
3. “When you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.”
4. “Thieves don’t break into empty houses.”
5. “Other people’s opinions of you does not have to become your reality.”
6. “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” Rashida Rowe
7. “Until you know your worth you’ll continue to seek other people’s approval just to feel good about yourself.” Sonya Parker
Knowing your worth in a relationship
There are many people who are in a relationship with someone who they shouldn’t be in a relationship with. You shouldn’t allow yourself to be with someone who is constantly proving by their actions that they don’t care about you.
Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn’t mean that you should be in a relationship. What does their life say? Sometimes we remain in these relationships because we feel like God can’t give us better, which is not true. Make sure that you are not settling.
8. “Never settle. Know your worth.”
9. “All that matters is that you know your worth. If they don’t know your worth realize that its okay because they aren’t meant for you anyway.”
10. “To heal a wound you need to stop touching it.”
11. “There’s a message in the way a person treats you. Just listen.”
12. “Once you realize you deserve better, letting go will be the best decision ever.”
13. “You accepted less because you thought a little was better than nothing.”
14. “Just because someone desires you, it does not mean that they value you.”
15. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.”
Thinking good thoughts of yourself
How are you feeding your mind? Are you speaking death to yourself or are you speaking life? We can lose sight of who we are in Christ when we think negative thoughts about ourselves. Remind yourself of what Christ has done for you and who you are in Christ.
16. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.”
17. “If I could give you one gift, I would give you the ability to see yourself as I see you, so you could see how truly special you are.”
18. “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
19. “If you knew how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.”
20. “It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.”
21. “There is no reason to keep tearing yourself down when God is building you up everyday.”
22. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.”
Your worth should not come from things
We should never allow our worth to come from temporal things because when we do we receive a temporary solution. Our worth should come from something that is eternal because then we have a solution that lasts. If your worth comes from people, money, your work, then what happens when these things are gone? If your identity is coming from things, then we can only expect an identity crisis is the future. We can only expect a temporary sense of happiness.
Here is where your identity should lie. Your identity should lie in the fact that you’re loved, and you are fully known by God. You belong to Christ and instead of thinking I need this and that, remind yourself of who you are in Him. In Him you are worthy, beautiful, chosen, precious, loved, fully known, valuable, redeemed, and forgiven. There is freedom when your worth is found in Christ.
23. “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” Suze Orman
24. “Find your worth in Jesus not things of the world.”
25. “Don’t undervalue yourself. God loves you. Your worth is what you are worth to God. Jesus died for you. You are of infinite value.”
26. “You are worth dying for.”
27. “Do not let your happiness depend on something you may lose.” C.S. Lewis
28. “My self-esteem is secure when it’s based on the opinions of My Creator.”
Don’t allow trials to dictate who you are
If we are not careful our trials can lead to an identity crisis. Going through hard times can easily lead to saying negative things to yourself. You start to see yourself from the eyes of your trial, which can be dangerous. Remember this, God is always with you, you are what He says that you are, you are loved, God is working in you, and He is working on your situation.
29. “I know this transformation is painful, but you’re not falling apart; you’re just falling into something different, with a new capacity to be beautiful.
30. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Don’t quit.”
31. “Trials are not a reason to give up, our pain is not an excuse to quit. Be strong.”
32. “To love yourself is to know that your past does not change your worth.”
33. “Don’t let your past dictate who you are. Let it be the lesson that strengthens the person you will become.”
34. “Scars tell the story of where you’ve been, They don’t dictate where you’re going.”
Knowing your worth in the Bible
Scripture has a lot to say about our value in God’s eyes. God’s own blood was shed on the cross. This reveals your true value. Sometimes it can be so hard for us to believe that we are so greatly loved by God. However, He proved it on the cross and He’s continually reminding us of what He has done.
35. Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
36. 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
37. Luke 12:4-7 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him! 6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”
38. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
39. Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
40. Ephesians 1:4 “Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love”