Bible verses about dating non believers
If you were thinking about dating a non-Christian don’t. You probably think nothing will happen, it doesn’t matter, you know better than God, but you’re wrong. Dating an unbeliever can hinder your relationship with Christ. Being around an ungodly person can make you start to sin more, act in a different way, talk in a different way, be led astray, and always remember if your life is all about Christ you won’t be able to express and share things about Christ which all believers love to do because there is no connection.
Learn from the mistakes of others like Samson and Solomon. There is no point of dating someone if you don’t plan on marrying them and I’ve heard many bad stories about believers who married an unbeliever. Don’t think you will change that person later on in life because that rarely happens and only makes things worse.
Don’t think that God doesn’t care because he does. He loves you and does not want you to be one flesh with a person that won’t accept his son. Wait for a Christian. An ungodly husband or an ungodly wife cannot do God’s will in marriage. I want to also remind you this, don’t date someone just because they go to church because many people who say they’re Christians are not truly Christians. Don’t disobey God and wait patiently for the Lord.
What does the Bible say?
1. 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
2. Deuteronomy 7:3 Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons,
3. Malachi 2:15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.
4. 1 Corinthians 7:39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.
5. 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
6. Ezra 10:11 Now honor the LORD, the God of your ancestors, and do his will. Separate yourselves from the peoples around you and from your foreign wives.”
7. Proverbs 22:25 or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
8. Deuteronomy 22:10 Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.
9. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
10. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for “bad company corrupts good character.”
11. Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
Honor God with your body
12. Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
13. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
14. Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
15. 1 Corinthians 6:16-17 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
Beauty is fleeting
16. Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
18. Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
19. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
20. James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
21. Proverbs 12:15 The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.
22. 1 Kings 11:4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.