Bible verses about virtuous woman
A virtuous woman is nothing like what you see in the world today. Men are marrying beautiful, lazy, nagging, fools who can’t even do simple things that women are supposed to know how to do.
Just to be fair there are also men who are lazy, harsh, and selfish who don’t know how to do things that men are supposed to know how to do. God loves His daughter and men like this are not ready to marry His daughter.
Make sure you are not attracted to a girl for sensuality because that is what it’s all about for most marriages in America. Christians do not want this, look what happened to Solomon.
A big factor for the divorce rate being so high is because it is hard to find a virtuous woman. Beware of evil women! Many so-called Christian women are not true godly women. You can’t put a price on a virtuous woman, she’s a true blessing from the Lord.
Her husband and kids praise her. The world mocks biblical women, but a true godly woman is honored. One of the reasons kids are becoming more rebellious is because they don’t have a biblical mother who guides the home so they go to daycare. Virtuous women are beautiful, caring, reliable, trustworthy, loving, they make do with what they have, and this is the type of women that all men should seek.
- “A virtuous woman isn’t ruled by her passions-she passionately pursues an incomparable God.”
- “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”
- “As a ‘Godly Woman in Progress’ are you choosing to keep your heart with all vigilance, realizing that from it flows the springs of life?” – Patricia Ennis
She is priceless.
1. Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
She doesn’t nag, she doesn’t commit adultery, she doesn’t slander, she doesn’t belittle, she doesn’t steal, but she always does good to her husband. She is an awesome helper. These days you will mostly see the opposite.
2. Proverbs 31:11-12 Her husband trusts her completely. With her, he has everything he needs. She does him good and not harm for as long as she lives.
3. Proverbs 21:9 It is better to live on a corner of the housetop than in a house in company with a quarrelsome wife.
4. Proverbs 12:4 A noble wife is the crown of her husband, but the wife who acts shamefully is like rottenness in his bones.
5. Genesis 2:18-24 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is right for him.” From the ground God formed every wild animal and every bird in the sky, and he brought them to the man so the man could name them. Whatever the man called each living thing, that became its name. The man gave names to all the tame animals, to the birds in the sky, and to all the wild animals. But Adam did not find a helper that was right for him. So the Lord God caused the man to sleep very deeply, and while he was asleep, God removed one of the man’s ribs. Then God closed up the man’s skin at the place where he took the rib. The Lord God used the rib from the man to make a woman, and then he brought the woman to the man. And the man said, “Now, this is someone whose bones came from my bones, whose body came from my body. I will call her ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of man.” So a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will become one body.
She spends money wisely. She is not foolish and she consults her husband when making financial decisions.
6. Matthew 6:19-21“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
7. Titus 2:3-5 Older women likewise are to exhibit behavior fitting for those who are holy, not slandering, not slaves to excessive drinking, but teaching what is good. In this way they will train the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be self-controlled, pure, fulfilling their duties at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the message of God may not be discredited.
8. Proverbs 31:14-15 She is like a seagoing ship that brings her food from far away. She rises while it is still night, preparing meals for her family and providing for her women servants.
She is strong.
10. Proverbs 31:17 She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
11. Proverbs 31:25 Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
She submits to her husband and she is modest. She knows that true beauty comes from within.
12. 1 Peter 3:1-6 Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord.
13. Ephesians 5:23-30 because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. And he is the Savior of the body, which is the church. As the church yields to Christ, so you wives should yield to your husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it to make it belong to God. Christ used the word to make the church clean by washing it with water. He died so that he could give the church to himself like a bride in all her beauty. He died so that the church could be pure and without fault, with no evil or sin or any other wrong thing in it. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as they love their own bodies. The man who loves his wife loves himself. No one ever hates his own body, but feeds and takes care of it. And that is what Christ does for the church, because we are parts of his body.
Sometimes she makes a little extra income on the side.
14. Proverbs 31:18 She is confident that her profits are sufficient. Her lamp does not go out at night.
15. Proverbs 31:24 She designs and sells linen garments, supplying accessories to clothiers.
She gives to the poor.
16. Proverbs 31:20-21 She reaches out to the poor, opening her hands to those in need. She is unafraid of winter’s effect on her household, because all of them are warmly clothed.
She is wise, she knows God’s Word, she teaches her children, and gives good advice.
17. Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
18. Proverbs 22:6 Teach children in a way that fits their needs, and even when they are old, they will not leave the right path.
Many women don’t want to have children for selfish reasons, but a virtuous woman wants to have kids.
19. Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.
She fears and loves the Lord with all her heart.
20. Proverbs 31:30-31 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
21. Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.“
She doesn’t murmur about all the things she has to do.
22. Philippians 2:14-15 Do everything without complaining or arguing. Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be God’s children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.
23. Proverbs 11:16 A kindhearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth.
Examples: Virtuous women in the Bible.
24. Ruth- Ruth 3:7-12 After his evening meal, Boaz felt good and went to sleep lying beside the pile of grain. Ruth went to him quietly and lifted the cover from his feet and lay down. About midnight Boaz was startled and rolled over. There was a woman lying near his feet! Boaz asked, “Who are you?” She said, “I am Ruth, your servant girl. Spread your cover over me, because you are a relative who is supposed to take care of me.” Then Boaz said, “The Lord bless you, my daughter. This act of kindness is greater than the kindness you showed to Naomi in the beginning. You didn’t look for a young man to marry, either rich or poor. Now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do everything you ask, because all the people in our town know you are a good woman. It is true that I am a relative who is to take care of you, but you have a closer relative than I.
25. Mary- Luke 1:26-33 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
You must be a Christian to be a virtuous woman. If you are not yet saved please click on this link to learn about the gospel.