The world thinks of sex as just another thing, “who cares everybody does it,” but God says to be set apart from the world. We live in a godless wicked world and we must not act like unbelievers.
Having sex outside of marriage will not make your boyfriend or girlfriend stay with you. It will only create problems and it can lead to unexpected pregnancies, std’s, etc. Don’t ever think you know better than your Father in Heaven, the same Father I might add that created sex.
A virtuous woman will wait. Run away from temptation, just wait my fellow Christian. Don’t take advantage of what God created for good. In the long run you will be so glad you waited and God will reward you on that special day. If you happened to have sex repent, sin no more, and pursue purity.
1. We must not be like the world and indulge in sexual immorality.
Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
1 John 2:15-17 “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”
1 Peter 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do–living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.
James 4:4 “You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
2. Your body is not your own.
Romans 12:1 “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.”
1 Corinthians 6:20 “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.”
3. God tells us to wait and not have sex before marriage.
Hebrews 13:4 “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.”
Ephesians 5:5 “For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.”
4. Sex on your wedding night will not be as special. You become one flesh and this should not be outside of marriage. Sex is beautiful! It’s an amazing and special blessing from God, but it should be only for married couples!
1 Corinthians 6:16-17 “Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.”
Matthew 19:5 “and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?”
5. Sex is very powerful. It can make you feel a false love with someone and when you break up you will see you were deceived. – (Sex in the Bible)
Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?”
6. True loves waits. Actually get to know each other’s mind instead of the relationship being all about sexual things. You will get to know the person deeper when there is no sex.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.”
7. We must be a good example for the world because we are the light. Don’t cause people to talk bad about God and Christianity.
Romans 2:24 “As it is written: ‘God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”
1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
8. You won’t feel guilty and ashamed.
Psalm 51:4 “Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.”
Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
9. (False convert alert) If you have truly repented and believed on Jesus Christ alone for your salvation you will be a new creation. If God truly saved you and you are truly Christian, you will not live a continuous lifestyle of sin. You know what the Bible says, but you rebel and say, “who cares Jesus died for me I can sin all I want” or you try to find any way you can to justify your sins.
1 John 3:8-10 “Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.”
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
Hebrews 10:26-27 “For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.”
2 Timothy 4:3-4 “For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.”
10. You will glorify God. You will glorify the Creator who you were given breath and a heartbeat for. Through all the temptations together you waited and you will glorify the Lord in your sexual union with your new spouse. You both shall become one with Christ and it will be an amazing once in a lifetime experience.
1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
Ephesians 5:17 “Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.”
Ephesians 4:22-24 “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”