Bible verses about boldness
Being bold is having courage and speaking out against what’s wrong no matter what others think or say. It’s doing God’s will and continuing on the path that He put you on regardless of the hardship you face. When you’re bold you know God is always on your side so there’s never a reason to fear.
Follow the bold examples of Jesus, Paul, David, Joseph, and more. Boldness comes from our confidence in Christ. The Holy Spirit helps us continue in God’s plans with boldness.
If God is for us who can ever be against us? I encourage all Christians to pray to the Holy Spirit daily for more boldness in life to do God’s will.
- Prayer in private results in boldness in public. Edwin Louis Cole
- “One of the special marks of the Holy Ghost in the Apostolic Church was the spirit of boldness.” A. B. Simpson
- “When we find a man meditating on the words of God, my friends, that man is full of boldness and is successful.” Dwight L. Moody
1. Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one is pursuing them, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
2. Philemon 1:8 For this reason, although I have great boldness in Christ to command you to do what is right,
3. Ephesians 3:11-12 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.
4. 2 Corinthians 3:11-12 So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever! Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.
5. 2 Corinthians 3:4 We have this kind of confidence toward God through Christ.
6. Hebrews 10:19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus.
We have courage because God is on our side!
7. Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
8. Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
9. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Remain alert. Keep standing firm in your faith. Keep on being courageous and strong.
10. Joshua 1:9 I’ve commanded you, haven’t I? Be strong and courageous. Don’t be fearful or discouraged, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
11. Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord. Be courageous, and he will strengthen your heart. Wait on the Lord!
Praying to God with boldness. Persevering in prayer.
12. Hebrews 4:16 So let us keep on coming boldly to the throne of grace, so that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
13. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
14. James 5:16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
15. Luke 11:8-9 I tell you, if friendship is not enough to make him get up to give you the bread, your boldness will make him get up and give you whatever you need. So I tell you, ask, and God will give to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you.
Praying for boldness.
16. Acts 4:28-29 But everything they did was determined beforehand according to your will. And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word.
17. Ephesians 6:19-20 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God’s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.
18. Psalm 138:3 On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul.
Preaching the Word of God and spreading the Gospel with boldness.
19. Acts 4:31 After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.
20. Acts 4:13 The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.
21. Acts 14:2-3 Some of the Jews, however, spurned God’s message and poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against Paul and Barnabas. But the apostles stayed there a long time, preaching boldly about the grace of the Lord. And the Lord proved their message was true by giving them power to do miraculous signs and wonders.
Boldness when times are hard.
22. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
23. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
24. Romans 10:20 And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God, saying, “I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me.”
25. 2 Corinthians 7:4-5 I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy. For even when we came into Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were afflicted at every turn—fighting without and fear within.