Bible verses about evangelism
All believers should be evangelical Christians. Jesus has commanded us all to share the Good News with others. God will use you to carry out His will. The more we witness the more people get saved. How can people get saved if they don’t hear the gospel?
Stop hogging the gospel to yourself and spread it. If evangelism stops more people are going to hell.
The most loving thing you can ever do is share Jesus with an unbeliever. Evangelizing helps us grow in Christ. I know sometimes it is scary, but will fear stop you from making a difference?
Pray for strength and more boldness. Sometimes all we have to do is get those first few words out and then it will become easier.
Rely on the power of the Holy Spirit and wherever God has put you in life, don’t be ashamed to talk about Christ.
- “Evangelism is just one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread.” – D. T. Niles
- “The way you store up treasure in heaven is by investing in getting people there.” Rick Warren
- “Christian is either a missionary or an impostor.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people in danger of being burned?” Duncan Campbell
What does the Bible say?
1. Mark 16:15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.”
2. Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
3. Romans 10:15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”
4. Philemon 1:6 I pray that your participation in the faith may become effective through knowing every good thing that is in us for the glory of Christ.
You must tell people about sin, how God hates sin, and how it separates us from God.
5. Psalm 7:11 God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day.
6. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
You must tell people about God’s holiness and how He desires perfection. Nothing short of perfection shall enter His presence.
7. 1 Peter 1:16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
You must tell people about God’s Wrath. God must judge sinners. A good judge can’t let criminals go free.
8. Zephaniah 1:14-15 The Lord’s great day of judgment is almost here; it is approaching very rapidly! There will be a bitter sound on the Lord’s day of judgment; at that time warriors will cry out in battle. That day will be a day of God’s anger, a day of distress and hardship, a day of devastation and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and dark skies.
You must tell people to repent of their sins. Repentance is a change of mind that leads to a turning away from sin. It’s turning from self to Christ.
9. Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
We must tell others about what God did for sinners because of His awesome love for us. He brought His Son to live the perfect life that we couldn’t live. Jesus who is God in the flesh, took upon the wrath of God that we deserve. He died, was buried, and was resurrected for our sins. Trust in Christ alone for salvation. In Christ we are justified before God.
10. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, certain that God is appealing through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God.” He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
11. 1 Corinthians 15:1–4 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures.
Why should we evangelize?
12. Romans 10:14 How are they to call on one they have not believed in? And how are they to believe in one they have not heard of? And how are they to hear without someone preaching to them?
13. 2 Corinthians 5:13-14 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
When we evangelize the Lord is glorified.
14. 2 Corinthians 5:20 Therefore, we are the Messiah’s representatives, as though God were pleading through us. We plead on the Messiah’s behalf: “Be reconciled to God!”
When we evangelize and someone gets saved it brings God and the body of Christ joy.
15. Luke 15:7 I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.
When evangelism gets you persecuted.
16. Hebrews 12:3 Think about Jesus, who endured opposition from sinners, so that you don’t become tired and give up.
17. 2 Timothy 1:8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord or be ashamed of me, his prisoner. Instead, by God’s power, join me in suffering for the sake of the Good News.
18. Timothy 4:5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.
Pray for the advancement of God’s Kingdom.
19. Matthew 9:37-38 He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”
20. Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
21. Luke 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you must say.
22. Colossians 4:5-6 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
23. 1 Peter 3:15 but honor the Messiah as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.
24. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
25. Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.