What does the Bible say about boldness?
Being bold is having courage and speaking out against what’s wrong no matter what others think or say. It’s doing God’s will and continuing on the path that He put you on regardless of the hardship you face. When you’re bold you know God is always on your side so there’s never a reason to fear.
Follow the bold examples of Jesus, Paul, David, Joseph, and more. Boldness comes from our confidence in Christ. The Holy Spirit helps us continue in God’s plans with boldness.
“If God is for us who can ever be against us?” I encourage all Christians to pray to the Holy Spirit daily for more boldness in life to do God’s will.
Christians quotes about boldness
“Prayer in private results in boldness in public.” Edwin Louis Cole
“One of the special marks of the Holy Ghost in the Apostolic Church was the spirit of boldness.” A. B. Simpson
“There is a false boldness for Christ that only comes from pride. A man may rashly expose himself to the world’s dislike and even deliberately provoke its displeasure, and yet do so out of pride… True boldness for Christ transcends all; it is indifferent to the displeasure of either friends or foes. Boldness enables Christians to forsake all rather than Christ, and to prefer to offend all rather than to offend Him.” Jonathan Edwards
“When we find a man meditating on the words of God, my friends, that man is full of boldness and is successful.” Dwight L. Moody
“The most critical need of the church at this moment is men, bold men, free men. The church must seek, in prayer and much humility, the coming again of men made of the stuff of which prophets and martyrs are made.” A.W. Tozer
“One of the special marks of the Holy Ghost in the Apostolic Church was the spirit of boldness.” A.B. Simpson
“When we find a man meditating on the words of God, my friends, that man is full of boldness and is successful.” D.L. Moody
“A minister, without boldness, is like a smooth file, a knife without an edge, a sentinel that is afraid to let off his gun. If men will be bold in sin, ministers must be bold to reprove.” William Gurnall
“The fear of the Lord tends to take away all other fears… This is the secret of Christian courage and boldness.” Sinclair Ferguson
“There’s a difference between knowing God and knowing about God. When you truly know God, you have energy to serve him, boldness to share him, and contentment in him.” J.I. Packer
Bold as a lion Bible verses
1. Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one is pursuing them, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
Boldness in Christ
2. Philemon 1:8 For this reason, although I have great boldness in Christ to command you to do what is right.
3. Ephesians 3:11-12 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.
4. 2 Corinthians 3:11-12 So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever! Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.
5. 2 Corinthians 3:4 We have this kind of confidence toward God through Christ.
6. Hebrews 10:19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus.
We have courage and boldness because God is on our side!
7. Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
8. Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
9. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Remain alert. Keep standing firm in your faith. Keep on being courageous and strong.
10. Joshua 1:9 I’ve commanded you, haven’t I? “Be strong and courageous. Don’t be fearful or discouraged, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
11. Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord. Be courageous, and he will strengthen your heart. Wait on the Lord!
12. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Praying with boldness
Pray bodly to God. Persevering in prayer.
13. Hebrews 4:16 So let us keep on coming boldly to the throne of grace, so that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
14. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
15. James 5:16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
16. Luke 11:8-9 I tell you, if friendship is not enough to make him get up to give you the bread, your boldness will make him get up and give you whatever you need. So I tell you, ask, and God will give to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you.
Praying for boldness
17. Acts 4:28-29 But everything they did was determined beforehand according to your will. And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word.
18. Ephesians 6:19-20 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God’s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.
19. Psalm 138:3 On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul.
Preaching the Word of God and spreading the gospel with boldness.
20. Acts 4:31 After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.
21. Acts 4:13 The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.
22. Acts 14:2-3 Some of the Jews, however, spurned God’s message and poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against Paul and Barnabas. But the apostles stayed there a long time, preaching boldly about the grace of the Lord. And the Lord proved their message was true by giving them power to do miraculous signs and wonders.
23. Philippians 1:14 “And most of the brothers, confident in the Lord by my chains, now dare more greatly to speak the word without fear.”
Boldness when times are hard.
24. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
25. 2 Corinthians 6:4 “Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships, and calamities.”
26. Isaiah 40:31 “But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.”
27. Luke 18:1 “Then Jesus told them a parable about their need to pray at all times and not lose heart.”
28. Proverbs 24:16 “For though a righteous man may fall seven times, he still gets up; but the wicked stumble in bad times.”
29. Psalm 37:24 “Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, for the LORD is holding his hand.”
30. Psalm 54:4 “Surely God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my soul.”
31. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
32. 2 Corinthians 3:12 “Since we have such a hope, we are very bold.”
33. Romans 14:8 “If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.”
Examples of boldness in the Bible
34. Romans 10:20 And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God, saying, “I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me.”
35. 2 Corinthians 7:4-5 I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy. For even when we came into Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were afflicted at every turn—fighting without and fear within. (Comforting Bible verses)
36. 2 Corinthians 10:2 I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world.
37. Romans 15:15 “Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me.”
38. Romans 10:20 “And Isaiah boldly says, “I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”
39. Acts 18:26 “He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.”
40. Acts 13:46 “Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.”
41. 1 Thessalonians 2:2 “but after we had already suffered and been treated abusively in Philippi, as you know, we had the boldness in our God to speak to you the gospel of God amid much opposition.”
42. Acts 19:8 “Then Paul went to the synagogue and preached boldly for the next three months, arguing persuasively about the Kingdom of God.”
43. Acts 4:13 “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.”
44. Acts 9:27 “But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles and declared to them how on the road he had seen the Lord, who spoke to him, and how at Damascus he had preached boldly in the name of Jesus.”
45. Mark 15:43 “Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Sanhedrin who was himself looking forward to the kingdom of God, came and boldly went to Pilate and asked for Jesus’s body.”
46. 2 Corinthians 10:1 “By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away!”
47. Deuteronomy 31:7 “Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance.”
48. 2 Chronicles 26:17 “Azariah the priest with eighty other courageous priests of the Lord followed him in.”
49. Daniel 11:25 “With a large army he will stir up his strength and courage against the king of the South. The king of the South will wage war with a large and very powerful army, but he will not be able to stand because of the plots devised against him.”
50. Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”