Bible verses about karma
Many people ask is karma biblical and the answer is no. Karma is a Hinduism and Buddhism belief that says your actions determine the good and the bad that happens to you in this life and the afterlife. Karma is associated with reincarnation, which basically says what you do today will determine your next life.
- “With Karma you get what you deserve. In Christianity Jesus got what you deserve.”
- “Grace is the opposite of Karma.”
You will not find anything associated with karma in the Bible. But the Bible does talk a lot about reaping and sowing. Reaping is the result of what we’ve sown. Reaping can be a good thing or a bad thing.
1. Galatians 6:9-10 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
2. James 3:18 And a harvest of righteousness is grown from the seed of peace planted by peacemakers.
3. 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
4. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
Our actions towards others do affect us.
5. Job 4:8 As I have seen, those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same.
6. Proverbs 11:27 Whoever seeks good finds favor, but evil comes to one who searches for it.
7. Psalm 7:16 The trouble they cause recoils on them; their violence comes down on their own heads.
8. Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Karma has to do with reincarnation and Hinduism. Both of these things are unbiblical. Scripture makes it clear that those who put their trust in Christ alone will inherit eternal life in Heaven. Those who reject Christ will suffer eternal punishment in Hell.
9. Hebrews 9:27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,
10. Matthew 25:46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”
11. John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
12. John 3:16-18 “For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.
Karma says don’t trust in Christ. You have to do good, but Scripture says no one is good. We all have fallen short. Sin separates us from God and we all deserve Hell for sinning before a holy God.
13. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
14. Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
15. Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.
16. Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, “I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin”?
Karma doesn’t get rid of the sin problem. God can’t forgive us. God made a way for us to be reconciled to Him. Forgiveness is only found in the cross of Jesus Christ, who is God in the flesh. We must repent and put our trust in Him.
17. Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
18. Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
19. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
20. Romans 5:21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
21. Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Karma is a demonic teaching. Your good can never outweigh the bad. You have sinned before a holy God and all your good works are like filthy rags. It’s like trying to bribe the judge.
22. Isaiah 59:2 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
23. Ephesians 2:8-9 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift not from works, so that no one can boast.
By trusting in the work of Christ on the cross we will be made new with new desires to obey God. Not because it saves us, but because He saved us. Salvation is a work of God not man.
24. 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, certain that God is appealing through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God.”
25. Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.