Bible verses about blaming others
Let’s be honest we all have pointed the finger at someone at some point in our lives especially in elementary school. Now as we grow in Christ we should not be blaming others for our mistakes, but instead take full responsibility. God’s Word helps you make the right choices in life. You can’t say he made me sin when you followed him. You didn’t have to follow, but you did.
Never trust in man, but put your full trust in the Lord. On the Day of Judgment you can’t say that false teacher deceived me. Why did you follow the false teachings?
Why didn’t you read God’s Word yourself instead of going with evil? God is not mocked blaming someone for your wrongs will not take you to Heaven. Take responsibility, do what’s right, and confess your sins.
What does the Bible say?
1. Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
2. Romans 2:3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
3. Matthew 7:3-5 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
4. James 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
When you point the finger instead of confessing your sins you remain silent, but God is not mocked.
5. Psalm 32:3-4 When I refused to confess my sin, my whole body wasted away, while I groaned in pain all day long. For day and night you tormented me; you tried to destroy me in the intense heat of summer.
6. Proverbs 28:13-14 Whoever hides his transgressions will not succeed, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will find mercy. Blessed is the man who always fears the Lord, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into disaster.
7. Job 31:33 if I have concealed my sin as people do, by hiding my guilt in my heart
You alone will be judged.
9. Galatians 6:5 For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
10. Proverbs 9:12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.
11. Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
12. Job 34:11 He repays everyone for what they have done; he brings on them what their conduct deserves.
13. Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
14. Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
15. Proverbs 6:27-28 Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned? Or can one walk on hot coals and his feet not be scorched?
16. Leviticus 5:5 when anyone becomes aware that they are guilty in any of these matters, they must confess in what way they have sinned.
17. 2 Samuel 12:13 David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.
18. 2 Samuel 24:10 David was conscience-stricken after he had counted the fighting men, and he said to the LORD, “I have sinned greatly in what I have done. Now, LORD, I beg you, take away the guilt of your servant. I have done a very foolish thing.”
19. 1 Samuel 25:24 She fell at his feet and said, “I accept all blame in this matter, my lord. Please listen to what I have to say.
20. Genesis 3:11-12 “Who told you that you are naked?” God asked. “Did you eat fruit from the tree that I commanded you not to eat?” The man answered, “The woman whom you provided for me gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate some of it.
21. Genesis 3:15 Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
22. Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.