Bible verses about blaming God
Are you always blaming God for your problems? We should never blame or be angry at God especially for our own foolishness, mistakes, and sins. We say things like God, why didn’t you stop me from making that decision? Why did you put that person in my life who caused me to sin?
Why did you put me in a world with so much sin? Why didn’t you protect me? When Job was going through severe trials and tribulations did He blame God? No!
We have to learn to be more like Job. The more we lose and suffer in this life the more we should worship God and say blessed be the name of the Lord.
God has nothing to do with evil only Satan does and never forget that. God has never promised that Christians won’t suffer in this life. What is your response to pain? When times get tough we should never complain and say it’s your fault you did it.
We should use adversity in life to cherish God more. Know that God is in control of the situation and all things work together for good. Instead of looking for every excuse to blame Him, trust in Him at all times.
When we stop trusting God we will start to harbor bitterness in our hearts toward Him and question His goodness. Never give up on God because He has never given up on you.
When bad things happen even if it’s your fault, use it to grow as a Christian. If God said He will work in your life and He will help you through trials as a Christian, then He will do just that. Don’t just tell God you’re going to trust Him, actually do it!
- “If you don’t do your part, don’t blame God.” Billy Sunday
- Don’t hang on to old hurts. You can spend your years blaming God, blaming other people. But in the end it was a choice. Jenny B. Jones
- Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 19:3 People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD.
2. Romans 9:20 Who do you think you are to talk back to God like that? Can an object that was made say to its maker, “Why did you make me like this?”
3. Galatians 6:5 Assume your own responsibility.
4. Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
5. Romans 14:12 All of us will have to give an account of ourselves to God.
6. Ecclesiastes 7:29 See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes.
7. James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
8. James 1:14 Rather, each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
9. James 1:15 Then desire becomes pregnant and gives birth to sin. When sin grows up, it gives birth to death.
When going through hard times.
10. Job 1:20-22 Job stood up, tore his robe in grief, and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, “Naked I came from my mother, and naked I will return. The Lord has given, and the Lord has taken away! May the name of the Lord be praised.” Through all this Job did not sin or blame God for doing anything wrong.
11. James 1:12 Blessed are those who endure when they are tested. When they pass the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
12. James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Things to know
13. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
14. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
15. Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Why doesn’t Satan ever get the blame?
16. 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
18. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.
19. John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
20. James 1:21-22 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Always trust in the Lord in the good and bad times.
21. Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face.
22. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
23. Proverbs 28:26 Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.
24. Ezekiel 18:25-26 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die.
25. Genesis 3:10-12 He replied, “I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.” “Who told you that you were naked?” the LORD God asked. “Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?” The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”
Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.