Bible verses about ungrateful people
People today are being less content and not seeing true blessings. It’s not only children being ungrateful it’s adults as well. Probably the type of ungratefulness I despise the most is when someone complains there is no food inside their house.
By that they mean the particular food they want to eat is not there. I mean there are people who go days without eating and you’re complaining about food because the certain type of food you want is gone, that is ridiculous.
Be grateful for every little last thing that you have or receive. Teens will get a car for their birthday and say I wanted a different type. Are you kidding me?
We should not be envious or try to compete with others which will also create ungratefulness. For example, your friend buys a new car so now you hate your old car.
Be thankful for what you have because some people have nothing. Count your blessings daily. Lastly, when people practice rebelliousness towards God’s Word not only are they not Christians, they are being ungrateful to Christ, who was crushed for our sins.
They are taking advantage of God’s grace. I was so disturbed when I heard a 20 year old say Christ died for me, I’m just trying to get my money’s worth. There are many ungrateful people in hell right now suffering. Here are 7 reasons why we should always be thankful.
The things you take for granted someone else is praying for.
What does the Bible say?
1. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
2. Proverbs 17:13 Evil will never leave the house of one who pays back evil for good.
3. 1 Corinthians 4:7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
4. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Always be joyful. Continually be prayerful. In everything be thankful, because this is God’s will for you in the Messiah Jesus.
5. Ephesians 5:20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Always be content
6. Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
7. Philippians 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing
8. 1 Timothy 6:6-8 Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
9. Hebrews 13:5-6 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Do not envy or try to compete with others.
10. Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.
11. Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Be grateful that Christ died for you and do His will.
12. John 14:23-24 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.
13. Romans 6:1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
14. Numbers 14:27-30 “How long will this wicked assembly keep complaining about me? I’ve heard the complaints of the Israelis that they’ve been murmuring against me. So tell them that as long as I live—consider this to be an oracle from the Lord—as certainly as you’ve spoken right into my ears, that’s how I’m going to treat you. Your corpses will fall in this wilderness—every single one of you who has been counted among you, according to your number from 20 years and above, who complained against me. You will certainly never enter the land about which I made an oath with my uplifted hand to settle you in it, except for Jephunneh’s son Caleb and Nun’s son Joshua.
15. Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.