Bible verses about trusting people
Scripture is clear when it says trust God with all your heart. When you start trusting man that leads to danger because man can’t save you only Jesus can. When you put your trust in humans you will be let down because humans aren’t perfect. Even good friends can let you down sometimes and in the same way we can disappoint others as well.
Let’s face it we all fall short of being 100% trustworthy.
It’s a good thing Scripture never says to fully trust in man or we would be in a world of trouble. The Bible says to love others as yourself, put others before yourself, serve one another, but put your full trust in God.
- Trust is like a paper, once it’s crumpled it can’t be perfect again.
- Be careful who you trust the devil was once an angel.
- “Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God.” – Lawrence Welk
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 146:3 Don’t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.
2. Psalm 118:9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes.
3. Isaiah 2:22 Don’t put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. What good are they?
4. Psalm 33:16-20 No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
5. Psalm 60:11 Oh, please help us against our enemies, for all human help is useless.
What is man?
6. James 4:14 You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
7. Psalm 8:4 What is man that you take notice of him, or the son of man that you pay attention to him?
8. Psalm 144:3-4 O LORD, what are human beings that you should notice them, mere mortals that you should think about them? For they are like a breath of air; their days are like a passing shadow.
9. Isaiah 51:12 “I, I am the one who consoles you. Why are you afraid of mortal men, of mere human beings who are as short-lived as grass?
10. Psalm 103:14-15 For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
Dangers of trusting man.
11. Jeremiah 17:5-6 This is what the Lord says: “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, in an uninhabited salty land.
12. Isaiah 20:5 Those who trusted in Cush and boasted in Egypt will be dismayed and put to shame.
13. Isaiah 31:1-3 What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the LORD, the Holy One of Israel. In his wisdom, the LORD will send great disaster; he will not change his mind. He will rise against the wicked and against their helpers. For these Egyptians are mere humans, not God! Their horses are puny flesh, not mighty spirits! When the LORD raises his fist against them, those who help will stumble, and those being helped will fall. They will all fall down and die together.
Don’t trust in your mind nor believe in yourself.
14. Proverbs 28:26 Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.
God is forever and His character never changes unlike man.
15. Hebrews 1:11-12 They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.”
16. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
17. Malachi 3:6 “I am the LORD, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already destroyed.
Only God is perfect and when nobody is there for you He’ll still be there.
18. Psalm 27:10 Even if my father and mother abandoned me, the LORD would take me in.
19. Psalm 18:30 God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
20. Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Even your most trustworthy friends can lie, but God will never lie.
21. Hebrews 6:18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.
22. Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
23. Romans 3:4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.”
Trust in the Lord alone
24. Psalm 40:4 Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
25. Psalm 37:3 Trust in the LORD and do what is right! Settle in the land and maintain your integrity!
Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.