Bible verses about loyalty
The true definition for loyalty is God. Scripture tells us that even if we are faithless, He remains faithful. Even if a believer fails God will remain loyal. Scripture makes it clear that nothing can snatch our salvation in Christ. The Word of God continually says that God will never leave nor forsake us and He will continue to work in us until the end.
Many people just mouth loyalty, but it’s not a reality in their life. In the world today we hear so many people making wedding vows just to divorce in the end.
People stop being best friends with someone because they have nothing to offer them anymore. People who claimed to be Christian become unbelievers because their circumstances changed.
True loyalty never ends. Jesus paid our huge debt in full. He is worthy of all praise. We must trust in Christ alone for salvation. Our love and appreciation for what He has done for us on the cross drives our loyalty to Him.
We want to obey Him, we want to love Him more, and we want to get to know Him more. A true Christian will die to self. Our main loyalty will be to Christ, but we are to also be loyal to others.
A godly friendship is priceless. Many people only show loyalty when something benefits them, but this should not be. We are not to act like the wold.
We are to respect others and show the love of Christ. We are not to manipulate others or put others down. We are to put others before ourselves. We are to conform our lives into the image of Christ.
- Loyalty is not a word it’s a lifestyle.
- There’s something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.
What does the Bible Say?
1. Proverbs 21:21 He who pursues righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness and honor.
God is loyal to us.
2. Deuteronomy 7:9 Know that Yahweh your God is God, the faithful God who keeps His gracious covenant loyalty for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commands.
3. Romans 8:35-39 Who will separate us from the Messiah’s love? Can trouble, distress, persecution, hunger, nakedness, danger, or a violent death do this? As it is written, “For your sake we are being put to death all day long. We are thought of as sheep headed for slaughter.” In all these things we are triumphantly victorious due to the one who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor anything above, nor anything below, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is ours in union with the Messiah Jesus, our Lord.
4. 2 Timothy 2:13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.
5. Lamentations 3:22-24 We are still alive because the Lord’s faithful love never ends. Every morning he shows it in new ways! You are so very true and loyal! I say to myself, “The Lord is my God, and I trust him.”
Loyalty is more than words. True loyalty will result in actions.
6. Matthew 26:33-35 But Peter told him, “Even if everyone else turns against you, I certainly won’t!” Jesus told him, “I tell you with certainty, before a rooster crows this very night, you will deny me three times.” Peter told him, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you!” And all the disciples said the same thing.
7. Proverbs 20:6 Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?
8. Proverbs 3:1-3 My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying. Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart.
We are to be loyal to Christ.
9. 1 John 3:24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
10. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for the salvation of everyone who believes, of the Jew first and of the Greek as well.
11. Hosea 6:6 For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
12. Mark 8:34-35 Then Jesus called the crowd to himself along with his disciples and told them, “If anyone wants to follow me, he must deny himself, pick up his cross, and follow me continuously, because whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and for the gospel will save it.
We all want loyal friends. As Christians we are to be loyal to the people that God has put in our lives.
13. Proverbs 18:24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
14. John 15:13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
15. John 13:34-35 “I’m giving you a new commandment: Love each other in the same way that I have loved you. Everyone will know that you are my disciples because of your love for each other.”
Loyalty remains even in adversity.
16. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
17. Matthew 13:21 Since he doesn’t have any root, he lasts only a little while. When suffering or persecution comes along because of the word, he immediately falls [from faith].
18. 1 Corinthians 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
False Christians will not remain loyal.
19. 1 John 3:24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
20. 1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
21. 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
22. Psalm 78:8 They would not be like their ancestors– a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him.
True loyalty is hard to find.
23. Psalm 12:1-2 A psalm of David. Help, LORD, for no one is faithful anymore; those who are loyal have vanished from the human race. Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.
24. Philippians 4:3 Yes, I also ask you, my true partner, to help these women. They have worked hard with me to advance the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
25. Ruth 1:16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.
Bonus: Promises from God for the loyal.
Revelation 2:25-26 Except to hold on to what you have until I come. To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations.