Bible verses about falling
God is always working in the lives of Christians. He is faithful. When His children fall He will pick them up and dust them off. He will never forsake His faithful ones and with His mighty right hand He will hold you. He knows what you need, He knows what you’re going through, and He knows your pain. Commit to Him, continue to live by His Word, hold on to God’s promises in your heart and know that in all situations He will help you and with Him you will overcome.
- “People who fall the hardest, bounce back the highest.” – Nishan Panwar.
- “Just because we fell one time doesn’t mean we can’t get up and let our light shine.”
- “When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking.”
- “It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up.”
What does the Bible say about falling?
1. Proverbs 24:16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he will rise again, but the wicked stumble into calamity.
2. Psalm 37:23-24 The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.
3. Psalm 145:14-16 The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.
4. Psalm 146:8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are weighed down. The LORD loves the godly.
5. Psalm 118:13-14 I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
6. Psalm 20:8 Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm.
7. Psalm 63:7-8 for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
8. 2 Samuel 22:37 You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping.
9. Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
10. Psalm 37:17 for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
Live by God’s Word and you will not stumble.
11. Proverbs 3:22-23 My son, do not lose sight of these— keep sound wisdom and discretion, Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble.
12. Psalm 119:165 Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble.
13. Proverbs 4:11-13 I will teach you wisdom’s ways and lead you in straight paths. When you walk, you won’t be held back; when you run, you won’t stumble. Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life.
14. Psalm 119:45 I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.
15. Jeremiah 8:4 “Say to them, ‘This is what the LORD says: “‘When people fall down, do they not get up? When someone turns away, do they not return?
16. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair, we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed. We always carry the death of Jesus in our body, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
17. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two people are better than one because together they have a good reward for their hard work. 10 If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is all alone when he falls. There is no one to help him get up. Again, if two people lie down together, they can keep warm, but how can one person keep warm? Though one person may be overpowered by another, two people can resist one opponent. A triple-braided rope is not easily broken.
18. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
19. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is unusual for human beings. But God is faithful, and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength. Instead, along with the temptation he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to endure it.
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls.
20. Proverbs 24:17 Don’t gloat when your enemy falls, and don’t let your heart rejoice when he stumbles.
21. Micah 7:8 Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.