Bible verses about being scared
It’s a scary thing to be scared. The reasons I say that is because fear can stop you from doing God’s will. Imagine if a general told someone to go do something and he doesn’t do it because he’s afraid. Because he was too afraid to follow his orders many people die.
Imagine God told you to tell your friend about Christ and fear stopped you from doing it. 2 weeks later your friend dies without knowing Christ. If fear was a man he would never take risks.
It would be hard for him to trust God. The Lord tells us on our Christian walk of faith we will have trials, but we are also told repeatedly do not be afraid. God will always be by your side.
He will help you, He will encourage you, He will comfort you, because He loves you. God is your refuge who you can always run to. He’s the only person you can always pour your heart out to who will never discourage you or turn away from you.
Why should you fear death when the Almighty God is on your side? If He brought you a Savior what can’t He do for you? Trust in Him with all your heart and be strong.
When feeling scared or nervous about anything meditate on these Scriptures and cast your burdens on the Lord. Ask Him to assist you in this area of your life. Always remember that God will equip you with everything you need to do His will.
- “Lord, make me happy enough in the grace of Jesus to avoid being proud, cold, scared, and hooked.” Tim Keller
- “Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway.” John Wayne
- “Stop being scared of failing. Be scared of not trying.” Karen Salmansohn
- “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.”
God will never leave you nor forsake you.
1. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
2. Genesis 28:15 And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
3. Hebrews 13:5-6 Keep your lives free from the love of money. And be satisfied with what you have. God has said, “I will never leave you; I will never run away from you.” So we can feel sure and say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. People can do nothing to me.”
4. Psalm 33:18 But the LORD watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.
5. Matthew 28:20 Teach them to obey everything that I have taught you, and I will be with you always, even until the end of this age.
If God is for you who can be against you?
6. Exodus 14:14 The LORD is fighting for you! So be still!
7. Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The LORD is my life’s fortress. Who is there to be afraid of?
8. Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
9. Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
10. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.
11. Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
12. 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by believing and not by seeing.
13. Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Refuge in the Lord.
14. Proverbs 18:10 The Lord is like a strong tower; those who do right can run to him for safety.
15. 2 Samuel 22:3 My God is my rock. I can run to him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender and my place of safety. The Lord saves me from those who want to harm me.
16. Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
17. 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
18. Psalm 46:10-11 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
19. Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?
20. Psalm 25:3 No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
21. 1 Chronicles 28:20 David also said to Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.
22. Deuteronomy 7:20-21 Moreover Yahweh your God will send the hornet among them, until those who are left, and hide themselves, perish from before you. You shall not be scared of them; for Yahweh your God is in the midst of you, a great and awesome God.
23. Deuteronomy 20:2-4 It shall be, when you draw near to the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak to the people,and shall tell them, Hear, Israel, you draw near this day to battle against your enemies: don’t let your heart faint; don’t be afraid, nor tremble, neither be scared of them; for Yahweh your God is he who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
24. Jeremiah 14:9 Why should you be like a scared man, as a mighty man who can’t save? Yet you, Yahweh, are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name; don’t leave us.
25. John 6:20 but he called out to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am here!”