Bible Verses about who I am in Christ
In the midst of many voices in our head that wage war against our identity we forget who we are in Christ. I need to remind myself daily that my identity does not lie in my mistakes, my struggles, my embarrassing moments, those discouraging negative voices in my head, etc.
Satan is constantly fighting believers to cause us to lose sight of our true identity. God is constantly pouring out His grace and reminding us of we are. He is constantly reminding me to not dwell on my failures, receive His grace, and press on.
When those voices tell you that you are misunderstood by everyone, God reminds you that He understands you. When we feel unloved, we are reminded that God loves us deeply and unconditionally. When we are engulfed in shame, God reminds us that Christ took upon our shame on the cross. You are not defined by who the world says that you are. You are defined by who Christ says that you are. In Him is where your true identity lies.
“Outside of Christ, I am weak; Inside of Christ I am strong.” Watchman nee
“My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.”
“Define yourself radically as one beloved by God. This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.”
“The more you reaffirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity.” – (Identity in Christ verses)
“Who I am in Christ is amazing. Who Christ is in me is the real story. It is beyond amazing.”
“Our try identity is found when we stop being “who we are” and start being who we were created to be.”
“I am a daughter of the King, who is not moved by the world. For my God is with me and goes before me. I do not fear because I am His.”
You are a child of God
1. Galatians 3:26 “For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
2. Galatians 4:7 “So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.”
In Christ you will know true joy
3. John 15:11 “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”
You are blessed
4. Ephesians 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.”
5. Psalm 118:26 “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD. From the house of the LORD we bless you.”
You are alive in Christ
6. Ephesians 2:4-5 “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved.”
You are someone who is deeply loved by God.
7. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
8. Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
You are seen as precious
9. Isaiah 43:4 “Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.”
You are the branches of the true vine.
10. John 15:1-5 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
You are understood by God
11. Psalm 139:1 “For the director of music. Of David. A psalm. You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.”
Christians are heirs of God
12. Romans 8:17 “Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
You are an ambassador for Christ
13. 2 Corinthians 5:20 “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”
You are God’s special possession
14. 1 Peter 2:9-10 “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”
15. Exodus 19:5 “Now if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you will be My treasured possession out of all the nations–for the whole earth is Mine.”
16. Deuteronomy 7:6 “For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His prized possession, above all peoples on the face of the earth.”
You are beautiful
17. Song of Solomon 4:1 “How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from the hills of Gilead.”
18. Song of Solomon 4:7 “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.”
19. Song of Solomon 6:4-5 “You are as beautiful as Tirzah, my darling, as lovely as Jerusalem, as majestic as troops with banners. Turn your eyes from me; they overwhelm me. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead.
You were created in His image.
20. Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
You are a citizen of Heaven
21. Philippians 3:20-21 “But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. 21 He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.”
You will judge angels
22. 1 Corinthians 6:3 “Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!”
You are a friend of Christ
23. John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.”
24. John 15:15 “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”
You are strong because your strength comes from Christ.
25. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
26. 2 Corinthians 12:10 “That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
You are a new creation in Christ.
27. 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
28. Ephesians 4:24 “and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
You are fearfully and wonderfully made
29. Psalm 139:13-15 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.”
You are redeemed
30. Galatians 3:13 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
The Lord supplies all of your needs
31. Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Your past, present, and future sins are forgiven.
32. Romans 3:23-24 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
33. Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
In Christ you are seen as a saint
34. Corinthians 1:2 “To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours.”
You are set apart
35. Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart and appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
36. Hebrews 10:10 “We have been set apart as holy because Jesus Christ did what God wanted him to do by sacrificing his body once and for all.”
37. Deuteronomy 14:2 “You have been set apart as holy to the Lord your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure.”
You are someone who has been set free
38. Ephesians 1:7 “We have been set free because of what Christ has done. Through his blood our sins have been forgiven. We have been set free because God’s grace is so rich.”
39. Romans 8:2 “For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death.”
You are the light of the world
40. Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” – (Being a light Bible verses)
You are complete in Christ
41. Colossians 2:10 “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.”
God has made you more than a conqueror
42. Romans 8:37 “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”
You are the righteousness of God
43. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
44. 1 Corinthians 6:19 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
You are chosen
45. Ephesians 1:4-6 “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will–to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.”
You are seated in heavenly places
46. Ephesians 2:6 “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.”
You are God’s workmanship
47. Ephesians 2:10 “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
You have the mind of Christ
48. 1 Corinthians 2:16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”
Christ lives in you
49. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
God is continually working in you to conform you into the image of Christ.
50. Philippians 2:13 “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
Glory to God. I am who God says I am. I refuse to be defined by circumstances and the cruel environment. Thanks so much. It’s a short post but it has a lot of meaning. I wish everyone could access this material. May God richly bless you.
I agree with Emily’s comment. THIS is the truth that sets people free into a glorious inheritance, perfect peace, and fullness of joy. Thank you for taking the time to write this post!
Thank you for the verses which reminds me of who God says I am..God bless
This is beautiful. I know how God says Iam. I will meditate upon this day and night.
I have been studying God’s word on Who I am in Christ and got a hold of your website. I’ve been writing all of the confessions down along with the scriptures. Thank you!
A lot of people are talking about the Enneagram these days. Everybody is trying to discover their number- talk talk talk and then yes it helps us to grow in the direction we need -to become a better human being. However, people unfortunately can get stuck – either spending too much time thinking and talking about it- or feeling like a loser because their enneagram number isn’t what they want to be known for. Whatever the case they do all this, while they do not even dare come close to knowing and believing who they are in Christ. This was very empowering to me today.
This is exactly what I was looking for today. In my time with God the past few weeks, God kept bringing me to the passages in the Gospels about the man on the mat who was crippled and Jesus told him to get up, take the mat and go home. I kept asking God what he’s trying to show me with this passage during my times with him. This morning it came to me in an instance. He said to me that how I view myself is crippling. How I view myself is keeping me on the mat. I starting looking online and came across this. This is powerful. Thanks.
Who the Son sets free is free indeed! I am free in Christ! Thank God! I found these Scriptures to be very useful. Hopefully you can do something to elaborate more on the Scriptures for beginners. May God bless the work of your hands. God bless you and thanks again. It’s really cool to type what you need and it’s right at your fingertip. Praise be to God!
This is awesome! We have been made the righteousness of God, through Jesus Christ. This is a blessing!
Awesome scriptures, also deeply encouraged by the above comments, God is Good and He remains good, thank you for blessing me with these. God bless
Yesoo, I am who God says I am. Thank you Jesus.
I thank God I came across this, I felt so useless of myself, I felt tired of people making me feel less of who I am, I started searching and I discovered this article. Thank you so much for putting this here. As I was reading and writing, I was personalizing it.
Praise God for who He says that I Am. I Am a Child of God. I Am Fearful and Wonderful made. Am above Only. I Am Loved!! Thank you Abbe Father, thank you, you are are the Christ the Son of the Living God, who pulled me out of darkness into your Marvelous Light. Thank you that I Am the Apple of your Eye. Thank you Lord for knowing me, Even in the womb. Thank you God for the plans you think towards me, a plan of Good and Not evil. God Bless
Wow Brandy, worded so Perfectly! You are Truly a person of The Holy God and one with Christ!
This is wonderful! I thank you for this beautiful work! Wow I’m in awe. Blessings. And again thank you.
I am alive in Christ.
Thank you Jesus for choosing me even while I was a sinner you died for me, so that I will have life and have it more abundantly. Father give me your grace always to love you more. Because all things workth together for good to them that love you. Amen and Amen
My brother doesn’t want me at his wife’s memorial because I said and did wrong things. Struggling to see past my pain But Jesus calls me his child and I have to remember this.
Hi Mary,I’m sorry to hear about your pain. If you haven’t done so, I suggest that you ask God to forgive you of what you have said and done, then ask forgiveness from your brother. It’s also important to forgive yourself and move on. Nobody is perfect and if we are not careful we do and say things that we regret after.
Also, a lesson to learn is: Prov. 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death. The stakes are high. Our words can either speak life or death, can build others up or tear them down. I think it would be nice for you to send a thoughtful card to your brother, tell him how much you love him and that you’re always be there for him. I commit you and your brother in prayer. God is faithful. Take care.
I am blessed learning and being reminded who I am in Christ. Knowing my true identity in Christ is refreshing and encouraging. I have copied all the scriptures and I am studying them and meditating.
Thank you for putting together these scriptures.
I owe to Jesus Christ for His completed wok at the cross and His resurrection settled my faith in God
I have been greatly encouraged by the scripture above. I have prayed through them and God has set me free. May God richly bless you for putting these verses together.
Thank you for these verses.
We are no longer slaves.
We are blessed.
We share in His suffering and share in His glory.
We are a special possession of God, a treasured possession of God, His prized possession.
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, that is our focus, and the sin will then be dealt with. Focusing on Him gets us there.
Praise the Lord, these 50 important verses are very loveliest words which make the people of God confident within their heart and mind, that who are they in christ. Amen.
I know who I am today, I know the kind of family I belongs to, and I know who is my father through Jesus Christ.Amen.
I just discovered this site. This information is priceless. Thank you for this list. Much appreciated.
Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Thanks for the Messiah, bless you!
I am so happy and encouraged with my identity in Christ. God richly bless you for this.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ, seated far above principalities and powers, thanks for sharing
“I’m deeply loved by God.”
I appreciate the author, this blog blessed me.