Bible verses about the unforgivable sin
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit or the unpardonable sin was when the Pharisees who had clear proof that Jesus was God refused to acknowledge him as God. Even after reading about him, seeing him do miracles and fulfill biblical prophecies, hearing about him doing miracles, etc. they refused to acknowledge him as God and attributed everything he did to Satan accusing him of being demon-possessed. Although there are other types of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit this is the only unforgivable sin. Today the only thing you have to worry about is rejecting Christ.
If you die without repenting and believing on Jesus Christ you are guilty before a Holy and just God and you will feel God’s wrath in hell. You are a sinner in need of a Savior you are not worthy enough to get into Heaven by your own merits. You are so unrighteous before God. Your only hope is what the Lord Jesus Christ did for you on that cross. He died, he was buried, and he was resurrected. When you truly accept Christ you will have new desires and some slower than others, but you will begin to change and grow in grace. Don’t commit the unforgivable sin, believe the gospel of Christ and you shall be saved.
What does the Bible say?
1. Matthew 12:22-32 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.” Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house. “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”
2. Luke 12:9-10 But anyone who denies me here on earth will be denied before God’s angels. Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Repent and believe on Christ
3. John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
4. Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
5. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
6. John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
7. Mark 7:21-23 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.
God gives the ability to repent
8. 2 Timothy 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.
When you feel like you have committed a sin that God will never forgive.
9. 1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
10. Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
11. 2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
12. Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
Did I commit the unforgivable sin? The fact that you asked this question no you did not. A Christian cannot commit the unpardonable sin. If you committed it you wouldn’t be worried about it.
13. John 8:43-47 “Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
14. John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
15. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!