Bible verses about acknowledging God
The first step to acknowledging God is knowing that Jesus Christ is the only way into Heaven. You are a sinner in need of a Savior. God desires perfection. Your good deeds are nothing. You must repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Trust in Christ for the forgiveness of sins.
On your Christian walk of faith, you must fully reject your understanding of things and fully depend on the Lord in all situations. Acknowledge God by humbling yourself and choosing His will over your will. Sometimes we pray for guidance on a big decision and God tells us to do something, but the thing that God told us to do is not our will. In these situations, we must trust that God always knows what is best.
God’s will for us will always align with His Word. Acknowledge the Lord by not only praying and giving Him thanks in all situations, but do it by reading and obeying His Word.
Acknowledge the Lord not only by the way you live your life, but by your thoughts as well. On your walk of faith, you will battle with sin. Cry out to God for help, believe in His promises, and know that God will work in your life to transform you into the image of His Son.
Christian quotes about acknowledging God
“God had brought me to my knees and made me acknowledge my own nothingness, and out of that knowledge I had been reborn. I was no longer the centre of my life and therefore I could see God in everything.”
“By being grateful to God, you acknowledge that nothing is gained by your power alone.”
“Prayer is the essential activity of waiting for God: acknowledging our helplessness and His power, calling upon Him for help, seeking His counsel.” John Piper
“Christians in our country no longer understand the relevance of acknowledging God anymore.”
“The one most valuable lesson humanity ought to have learned from philosophy is that it is impossible to make sense of Truth without acknowledging God as the necessary starting point.” John MacArthur
“Acknowledge God. Acknowledging God first thing every morning transforms my day. I often begin my day by reconfirming His authority over me and submitting to Him as Lord in advance of my daily circumstances. I try to accept the words of Joshua 24:15 as a personal daily challenge: Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.”
What does the Bible say about acknowledging God?
1. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
2. Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
3. Proverbs 16:3 Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.
4. Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
5. Psalm 32:8 The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”
6. 1 John 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
7. Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Acknowledging God in prayer
8. Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
9. Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”
10. Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Glory of God – Acknowledging God in all your ways
11. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
12. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory.
Humble yourself before God
13. James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
14. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
15. 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
16. Proverbs 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
17. John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
When you don’t acknowledge the Lord.
18. Romans 1:28-32 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Acknowledging God’s name
19. Psalm 91:14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.”
20. Matthew 10:32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.”
21. Psalm 8:3-9 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You answered my question on how do I acknowledge the LORD in ALL of my ways with the WORD of GOD, through Scripture. Thank you.
Thank you for doing God’s will, i believe that God watches over those who acknowledge him. I have seen Him working miracles in my life and am really thankful to God. May God remember all those who acknowledge him in Jesus name. Amen