Bible verses about being prepared
In life, you must always be ready for anything. Everybody must be ready for Jesus because He will come like a thief in the night. If everyone knew what time He was coming everybody would accept Him. Stop putting Him off. Stop procrastinating!
Many people will procrastinate and say, “I don’t need to change my life or accept Him.” That is why many people will hear “depart from me I never knew you” and feel God’s wrath in eternal pain.
What’s stopping you from dying tomorrow? I’ve talked to people one day and they died the next. They didn’t know they were going to die. Guess what!
They died without knowing the Lord. Do you know where you are going when you die? Please click on this link to learn how to be saved.
We must also prepare ourselves for trials and the temptations from the devil because they will happen. When they do use the Word of God and the power of prayer to stand firm. Let’s find out more below.
- “If you call yourself a Christian, but you live in a continuous lifestyle of sin, you’re not prepared.”
- “There is always a prepared place for a prepared person.” Jack Hyles
- “Depend on it, my hearer, you never will go to heaven unless you are prepared to worship Jesus Christ as God.” Charles Spurgeon
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Be prepared for Christ’s return.
1. Matthew 24:42-44 So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming. Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
2. Matthew 24:26-27 “So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it! For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.”
3. Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Luke 21:36 Be alert at all times. Pray so that you have the power to escape everything that is about to happen and to stand in front of the Son of Man.
4. Mark 13:32-33 However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. And since you don’t know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert!
5. 2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.
6. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 for you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
Be on guard when the devil tries to tempt you.
7. 1 Peter 5:8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
8. Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can fight against the devil’s evil tricks.
9. Ephesians 6:13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
10. Ephesians 6:17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Stand firm when trials happen because they will happen.
11. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
12. Ecclesiastes 11:8 But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity.
13. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
14. Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.
15. Luke 21:19 Stand firm, and you will win life.
16. Proverbs 28:19–20 Whoever works his farmland will have abundant food, but whoever chases fantasies will become very poor. The faithful man will prosper with blessings, but whoever is in a hurry to get rich will not escape punishment.
17. Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.
18. Proverbs 6:6-8 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
19. Proverbs 20:4 Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest.
20. Proverbs 26:16 A sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven people who answer discreetly.
22. 1 Peter 3:15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.
23. 2 Timothy 4:2-5 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
24.Psalm 39:4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is.”
25. Hebrews 11:7 It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before. By his faith Noah condemned the rest of the world, and he received the righteousness that comes by.