Bible verses about life after death
There were many people who saw Jesus after His death and in the same way He was resurrected Christians will be resurrected as well. Christians can rest assure that when we die we will live in paradise with the Lord where there will be no more crying, pain, and stress.
Heaven will be more than you ever dreamed of. If you don’t repent and put your trust in Christ hell is waiting for you. God’s just wrath is poured out in hell.
There is no escaping hell. Unbelievers and many who profess to be Christian will be in real pain and torment forever. I encourage you today to evangelize to unbelievers to save others from going to hell.
- “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” Billy Graham
- “The difference between God’s side and the devil’s is the difference between heaven and hell.” – Billy Sunday
- “If there were no hell, the loss of heaven would be hell.” Charles Spurgeon
1. Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for people to die once–and after this, judgment.
2. Matthew 25:46 These people will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”
3. Luke 16:22-23 “One day the beggar died, and the angels carried him to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. He went to hell, where he was constantly tortured. As he looked up, in the distance he saw Abraham and Lazarus.
Christians never die.
4. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in union with the Messiah Jesus our Lord.
5. John 5:24-25 “I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the solemn truth, a time is coming–and is now here–when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
6. John 11:25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”
7. John 6:47-50 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die.
Live forever by trusting Christ.
8. John 3:16 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
9. John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
10. 1 John 5:13 I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
11. John 1:12 But to all who have received him–those who believe in his name–he has given the right to become God’s children
12. Proverbs 11:19 Truly the righteous attain life, but whoever pursues evil finds death.
We are citizens of Heaven.
13. 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as Scripture says: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him.”
14. Luke 23:43 Jesus told him, “I tell you with certainty, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
15. Philippians 3:20 We, however, are citizens of heaven. We look forward to the Lord Jesus Christ coming from heaven as our Savior.
16. Hebrews 13:14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.
17. Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more–or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist.”
18. John 14:2 My Father’s house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I’m going to prepare a place for you?
19. Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
20. 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.
21. 1 Timothy 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
Hell is eternal pain and torment for those outside of Christ.
22. Matthew 24:51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
23. Revelation 14:11 The smoke from their torture goes up forever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
24. Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
25. John 3:18 The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.
I plead with you to click on the are you saved link at the top. Please make sure you are right with God today because you’re not guaranteed tomorrow. Go to that page and learn about the gospel that saves. Please don’t procrastinate.