Quotes About Overthinking
The human mind is extremely powerful and complex. Unfortunately, we are susceptible to all kinds of disorders in the mind. Whether it is overthinking relationships, situations in life, someone’s motives, etc. we’ve all done it before.
The voices in our head grow louder and louder and we give birth to the overthinking mind. If this is something that you struggle with here are some quotes that can help you.
You are not alone
More people struggle with this than you think. I struggle with this. I’m a deep thinker which has its benefits, but it also has its drawbacks. One of the drawbacks is that I can overthink often. In my own life I noticed that overthinking can create unnecessary anger, worry, fear, pain, discouragement, anxiety, restlessness, etc.
1. “I don’t think people understand how stressful it is to explain what’s going on in your head when you don’t even understand it yourself.”
2. “If overthinking situations burned calories, I’d be dead.”
3. “My thoughts need a curfew.”
4. “Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night, I need to sleep.”
Thinking is OK.
There is nothing wrong with thinking. We think every day. You need critical thinking skills for many jobs. It’s good to think things through to make the best decisions in life. Some of the most artistic people in this world are extremely pensive. Thinking is not the issue. However, when you start overthinking problems will occur. Thinking too much can cause you to miss opportunities. It creates fear and it causes you to lose confidence. “What if it doesn’t work?” “What if they reject me?” Overthinking puts you in a box and hinders you from accomplishing anything.
5. “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action comes, stop thinking and go in.”
6. “You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.”
Thinking too much is dangerous
Overthinking leads to stress and worry. In fact, mental issues can lead to physical issues. Overthinking can cause a decline in your health and it may affect your relationship with others. It is so easy to create problems in your head that are not even there. It’s so easy to over analyze one small situation for so long that it turns into a huge storm in our mind. Overthinking makes things far worse than they should be and it can lead to depression.
7. “We are dying from over thinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It’s a death trap.”
8. “Sometimes the worst place you can be is in your head.”
9. “Over-thinking ruins you. Ruins the situation, twists things around, makes you worry & makes everything much worse than it actually is.”
10. “Over thinking is the art of creating problems that weren’t even there.”
11. “Overthinking causes the human mind to create negative scenarios and or replay painful memories.”
12. “To think too much is a disease.”
13. “Overthinking can literally make you insane, and can cause a mental breakdown.”
Overthinking kills your joy
It makes it harder to laugh, smile, and have a sense of happiness. We are so busy questioning everyone and everything enjoying the moment becomes difficult. It can kill your friendship with others because it can cause you to judge their motives or create resentment towards them. Overthinking can turn into murder. Anger unguarded will rot your heart. Murder against someone happens in the heart before it physically happens.
14. “Overthinking is the biggest cause of our unhappiness. Keep yourself occupied. Keep your mind off things that don’t help you.”
15. “Overthinking ruins happiness. Stress steals the moment. Fear Spoils the future.”
16. “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.”
17. “Overthinking ruins friendships and relationships. Overthinking creates problems you never had. Don’t overthink, just overflow with good vibes.”
18. “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
19. “Overthinking will destroy your mood. Breathe and let go.”
The fight against worry
I’ve noticed that when I don’t talk to God about my problems and certain situations, then worry and overthinking happens. We have to kill the problem at the root or it will continue to grow until it’s out of control. You can temporarily cure the problem by talking to a friend, but if you don’t go the Lord about this, then the overthinking virus can regenerate. There is so much peace in my heart when I have a good night of worship. Worship changes your mind and heart and it takes the focus off of self and puts it on God. You have to fight! If you have to get out of bed, then get up and go pray to God. Worship Him! Realize that He is sovereign, and He has made a promise to be with you.
20. “Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.”
21. “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
22. “Worrying is blurring it stops you from seeing clearly.”
23. “Sometimes we need to step back and let God take control.”
24. “Trade your worry for worship and watch God make the mountain of anxiety bow down to Him.”
25. “Worrying doesn’t change anything. But trusting in God changes everything.”
26. “I think we worry too much about the outcome of events, that we don’t stop and realize, God has already taken care of it.”
27. “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.”
28. “Anxiety happens when we think we have to figure everything out. Turn to God, He has a plan!”
God is transforming believers. He is helping you with this mental prison.
We all struggle with mental illness to some degree because we all struggle with the effects of the fall. We all have psychological battles that we are facing. Although we may struggle with overthinking we don’t have to allow this to take hold of our life. Christians are being renewed in the image of God. For the believer, that brokenness due to the fall is being restored. This should give us so much joy. We have a Savior who is helping us with our battles. Immerse yourself in the Bible to fight against the lies of Satan that cause you to overthink. Get in the Word and get to know more about who God is.
29. “Fill your mind with God’s word and you will have no room for Satan’s lies.”
30. “Pray before you overthink.”