Bible verses about Christianity
In all the world religions, the primary difference between them and Christianity is the person Jesus Christ. Who is Jesus? Why does knowing EXACTLY who He is matter so much?
Who is Jesus Christ? Why does knowing EXACTLY who He is matter so much?
Let’s found out more about the Christian faith below.
“Christianity is a love relationship between a child of God and his Maker through the Son Jesus Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit.”
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis
“Christianity is not just repeating John 3:16 or Acts 16:31; it is yielding the heart and the life to Christ.”
“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” C. S. Lewis
“There is a common, worldly kind of Christianity in this day, which many have, and think they have enough – a cheap Christianity which offends nobody, and requires no sacrifice – which costs nothing, and is worth nothing.” J.C. Ryle
Who is Jesus?
Jesus is the Christ. The second person of the Trinity. God in flesh. The Son of God. Jesus is God Incarnate. To believe that He is simply a good person, or a prophet, or a teacher is not to know who He really is. And if you do not know who Christ is, you cannot know who God is.
1. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
3. John 8:8 “Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
4. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
5. Isaiah 44:6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.”
6. 1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”
What is Christianity?
Christianity means follower of Christ. We are his doulas, or slaves. Jesus is not our co-pilot, He is our Lord and Master. Christianity teaches that God is a Trinity, and the three persons of the trinity are God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Three persons in one essence. Christ means the anointed one. He always has been, because He is eternal. He came wrapped in flesh in fulfillment of the Old Testament prophesies in order to complete the plan of God. And He will come again to take His bride home.
7. Acts 11:26 “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”
8. Galatians 3:1 “You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.”
9. Luke 18:43 “Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him, glorifying God; and when all the people saw it, they gave praise to God.”
10. Matthew 4:18-20 “Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And He *said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.”
11. Mark 10:21 “Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
12. Luke 9:23-25 “And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?”
13. Matthew 10:37-39 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”
What makes Christianity different?
The deity of Christ and the exclusivity of Christ is what makes Christianity different. He is God. And He is the ONLY way to the Father. Christianity is different also because it is the only religion that does not require us to EARN our eternal life. It is given to those who believe, as a gift not based on our own merit, but on Christ’s merit.
Another thing that differentiates Christianity from all other religions is that, Christianity is the only religion where God lives inside man. The Bible teaches us that believers are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, which is God’s Spirit. Believers receive the Holy Spirit at the moment we put our faith in Christ as our Lord and Savior.
14. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
15. Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
16. Colossians 3:12-14 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
17. John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”
Core beliefs of Christianity
The core beliefs are summed up in the Apostles Creed:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy apostolic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
18. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
19. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”
20. Romans 10:9-11 “If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation. 11 Now the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
21. Galatians 3:26 “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
22. Philippians 3:20 “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
23. Ephesians 1:7 “In union with him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our offenses, according to the riches of God’s grace”
Who is a Christian?
A Christian is a follower of Christ, a believer. Someone who knows that they are a sinner who has no hope of making it to God out of his own merit. For his sins are as treason against the Creator. Someone who is placing their trust in Christ, the holy spotless lamb of God who came to take upon Himself the penalty for his sins.
24. Romans 10:9 “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.“
25. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
26. Romans 5:10 “And since, when we were his enemies, we were brought back to God by the death of his Son, what blessings he must have for us now that we are his friends and he is living within us!”
27. Ephesians 1:4 “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love”
28. Romans 6:6 “knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin.”
29. Ephesians 2:6 “And raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”
30. Romans 8:37 “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.”
31. 1 John 3:1-2 “See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.”
The Bible is the very Word of God. The Lord spoke to over 40 holy men throughout 1600 years and over the span of three continents. It is inerrant and contains all that we need to know for a life in godliness.
32. Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
33. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
34. James 1:22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
35. Luke 11:28 Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”
36. Matthew 4:4 “But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
Living a Christian life
Out of our adoration for our Savior, and due to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we Christians feel a great desire to live our life for the Lord. Our life is not our own but His, for it was bought with such a heavy price. All aspects of our life are to be lived with Him in mind, with the desire to please Him and give Him the glory that He deserves.
There is a misconception that Christians live holy to maintain their salvation, which is false. Christians live a life pleasing to the Lord because He has already saved us. We want to live a life pleasing to Him because we are so thankful for the great price that was paid for us on the cross. We obey because we have been saved and we were made new creatures.
37. 1 Peter 4:16 “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”
38. Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
39. Colossians 3:5-10 “Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.”
40. Philippians 4:8-9 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”
Identity in Christ
Because we are belonging to Him, we find our identity in Him. We the Church is the Bride of Christ. He is our good Shepherd and we are His sheep. As believers, we are the children of God who have the freedom and safety to approach our Father without fear. One of the greatest treasures of being a Christian is knowing that I’m deeply loved and fully known by God.
41. John 10:9 “I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.”
42. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
43. 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
44. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
45. John 1:12 “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”
46. Ephesians 2:10 “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
47. Colossians 3:3 “For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”
Without Christ, we are sinners on our way to Hell. We are all born sinners and continue to sin each and every day. God is so perfectly holy and perfectly just that even one single sin against Him warrants spending all of eternity in Hell. But out of His mercy, God sent His Son Christ to pay the debt that we owe for our sinful treason against Him. We can stand completely forgiven, justified and redeemed before God due to Christ’s atoning work on the cross.
48. John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
49. John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
50. 1 John 2:15-17 “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.”
Consider this, we all long to be known and we all long for freedom from guilt and shame. In christ, we have both. In Christ, we are forgiven. In Christ, there is peace and joy. In Christ, you are made new. In Christ, you have purpose. In Christ, you are loved and accepted. If you haven’t yet, I encourage you to repent of your sins and place your faith in Christ today!