Bible verses about other gods
There is only one God and God is three divine persons all in one. The father, son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Throughout Scripture we learn that Jesus is God in the flesh. God shares His glory with no one. Only God can die for the sins of the whole world.
To say a man, prophet, or an angel can die for the world is blasphemy. If someone denies Jesus as God in the flesh they are serving a false god. Many people who are worshiping and praying in the church today are not praying to the God of the Bible, but one they made up in their mind.
Neither are false religions like Mormonism, Buddhism, Islam, Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Hinduism, etc. The Bible is the most scrutinized book ever made. Through intense scrutiny over centuries the Bible still stands and it puts all these false religions and their false gods to shame. We are in the end times so false gods are created daily.
What is on your mind the most? Whatever it is that is your god. God is angry at America and its false gods like money, Iphones, Twitter, Instagram, PS4′s, cars, girls, sex, celebrities, drugs, malls, gluttony, sin, houses, etc. Trust in Christ and trust in Christ alone.
What does the Bible say?
1. Exodus 20:3-4 “Never have any other god. Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water.
2. Exodus 34:17 “Do not make any idols.
3. Deuteronomy 6:14 Never worship any of the gods worshiped by the people around you.
4. Exodus 23:13 And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.
5. Exodus 15:11 “Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
There is only one God. Jesus is God in the flesh.
6. Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,
7. Deuteronomy 4:35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.
8. Psalm 18:31 For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?
9. Deuteronomy 32:39 “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
10. Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.
Jesus is the only way
11. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
12. John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.
13. John 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
14. Acts 4:11-12 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
God is jealous and He will not be mocked.
15. Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
16. Jeremiah 25:6 Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not arouse my anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.”
17. Psalm 78:58 They angered him with their high places; they aroused his jealousy with their idols.
18. 1 John 4:1-2 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
19. Matthew 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
20. Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
21. Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
23. Joshua 24:16-17 Then the people answered, “Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods! It was the LORD our God himself who brought us and our parents up out of Egypt, from that land of slavery, and performed those great signs before our eyes. He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled.
24. 2 Kings 17:12-13 They worshiped idols, though the LORD had said, “You shall not do this.” Yet the LORD warned Israel and Judah by every prophet and every seer, saying, “Turn from your evil ways and keep my commandments and my statutes, in accordance with all the Law that I commanded your fathers, and that I sent to you by my servants the prophets.”
25. 1 Kings 11:10-11 Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD’s command. So the LORD said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates.
1 Timothy 3:16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.