Bible verses about homosexuality
When speaking on this topic many people act like it’s a toss up. Many people ask is homosexuality a sin and the answer is that it is a sin just like stealing is a sin. It has always been a sin. I’m tired of all these lies that I see on the internet, on YouTube, and in real life.
Here are some lies brought on by the devil. God is OK with you being gay, you can be a gay Christian, the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, you were born that way, David and Jonathon were gay. I’ve even seen mockery signs that said Jesus was gay.
People can make all the jokes that they want. God will not be mocked. As the world gets worse for the Antichrist there are more and more deceitful people who will literally twist and take away from God’s Word and run away from the truth. I’ve seen people provide every single excuse for verses that clearly condemn homosexuality.
Why should we condone it? Do we condone murdering others? Do we condone stealing? Do we condone lying? What if thieves speak out and say, “stealing is good?” Do you not see the hypocrisy? When has it ever been OK to parade sin around? Why do homosexuals get a pass?
Why are some so called Christians condoning the gay lifestyle and allowing gay pastors to preach to others when it’s just going to drive more people to hell? Please this is not to offend any gays, but to speak the truth in love to save lives. Many Christians are afraid to do this, but would rather want you to go to hell by being silent.
- “Concerning homosexuality: This once brought hell out of heaven on Sodom.” Charles Spurgeon
- “America is every bit as sin-sick as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were. We’re rotting from within.” John Hagee
- “Satan delights in homosexual perversion because it not only exists outside of marriage, but it also defiles God’ very image reflected as male and female.”
- “Homosexuals cannot reproduce. They must recruit. And they want our children! That’s why they are getting public officials to require school teachers to present homosexuality as “normal” and acceptable. They know that the next generation will one day be voters, and they will change the laws so that homosexuals can prey on children and not worry about breaking the law!”
You will be persecuted.
Homosexuals are suing and threatening to sue preachers, churches, Christian bakers, and more. These days you can’t say anything about homosexuality. Even if you try to warn them it’s called hate speech. Look to see more people being sued in the future. Some homosexuals are going into Christian bakeries with the intention of finding a reason to sue them. Just like the Bible says you will be hated for being a Christ follower and part of being a Christ follower is standing up for Him, His Word, and all the consequences that come with it. Christians are being persecuted more and more and this will lead to many denying God and going astray.
1. 2 Timothy 3:12 Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
Same-sex attraction is a form of idolatry. You exchange the glory of God for self and your gender. When you idolize self one of the things it can lead to is same-sex attraction.
2. Romans 1:24-25 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Homosexuality leads to aids and early death. It is proven and it is a punishment from God.
3. Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Homosexuality doesn’t harm anyone.
That is a flat out lie! Sometimes harm doesn’t reveal itself immediately and sometimes it does. The legalization of same-sex marriage is extremely wicked. It destroys everything. It destroys families and God’s intended purpose for marriage.
It perverts what God intended for good and it makes it evil. It destroys kids, mothers, fathers, and it opens the doors to more wickedness such as pedophilia marriage, incest marriage, human–animal marriage, and more. There are already cases of these things throughout the world.
You can legalize same-sex marriage all that you want, but you will never change what marriage is in God’s eyes, which is one man and one woman. To say otherwise is blasphemy against the Lord and it is of the devil. God defines morality not the government.
4. Genesis 1:27 -28 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Women were made to compliment men. The same sex was not made to compliment each other in marriage. Trying to do something else is a distortion of God’s ways.
5. Genesis 2:20-24 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
Did Jesus talk about homosexuality?
Yes, He talked about it by reaffirming what the Old Testament said about marriage, which is one man and one woman and not one man and one man or lesbianism. Another thing that many people forget is that Jesus is God. The same way that God feels about it is the same way that Jesus feels about it because they are one. He never changes.
6. Matthew 19:4-6 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh‘? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Because homosexuality was so serious and wicked in the Old Testament it was punishable by death. What it did was destroy the hope of civilization and reproduction. God equates it to having sex with an animal. It is perversion.
7. Leviticus 18:22-24 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.
8. Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Are gay people born gay? No, God didn’t create people gay. Homosexual relationships are not love they are lust.
9. James 1:13-15 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
Homosexuality is unnatural.
10. Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural.
Scripture even warns against cross dressing / transvestism. To try to look or act like the opposite sex is an abomination to God. Men are to be masculine and women are to be feminine.
11. Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.
Transvestites will not enter Heaven. Having a sex change is an abomination.
12. Deuteronomy 23:1 No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
Homosexuality violates natural law. I talk to many people who struggle with homosexual thoughts and they know it’s wrong. God lets us know in our very being that it is wrong and that marriage is between a man and a woman.
13. Romans 2:14-15 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them.
Do not be deceived.
Many homosexuals say, “only God can judge me” or “just let God judge”. The problem is that God hates homosexuality and He has made it crystal clear that no homosexual will enter into Heaven. Some people don’t know what they are saying.
You would not want God to judge you. God will throw those without Christ into hell for eternity. Do not be deceived by the false teachers and everyone in this wicked world who says homosexuality is not a sin. No one who practices homosexuality will enter into Heaven. Clear as day!
14. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom.
Can a Christian be gay?
No. There is no such thing as a gay Christian just like there is no such thing as a Christian who practices premarital sex or a Christian who loves to murder people. If you say, “I don’t care, I’m going to still practice homosexuality” or if you say, “if Jesus is this good I can sin all I want” that is a clear indication that you are not a Christian and you’re knocking on the doors of hell.
Christians are a new creation through Christ just like 2 Corinthians 5:17 says. We won’t want to live a life of continuous rebellion. The spirit of God is living inside Christians. Homosexuality is telling God that you are right and He is wrong. It doesn’t matter what sin it is if someone is practicing sin without a care in the world and God lets them without bringing them to repentance, then they are not Christian and they are deceiving themselves.
15. 1 John 3:8-10 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
Jesus can break any chain!
How can homosexuality be genetics when many have turned away from it? Christ saves an He makes new. Some people from the church of Corinth were homosexuals, but they were saved by the blood of Christ. You were like that, but now you are not.
16. 1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
The law of God was made to expose evildoers. It clearly says, “homosexuality is contrary to sound doctrine.”
17. 1 Timothy 1:9-11 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
Homosexuality grieves the heart of God. As I’m writing, just thinking about what is happening to the church and the world hurts my heart. How much more does it hurt a holy God?
18. Genesis 6:5-6 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
When professing Christians condone and support homosexuality they are fighting against God. They are denying God. They are standing up for their father the devil. They are saying, “God you are wrong and Satan is right.” The Bible is the authoritative Word of God. Plain and simple.
19. James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?
God destroyed a city because of homosexuality. Some Bible twisters say, “no it was because a lack of hospitality.” That is a lie from Satan. I don’t understand how anyone can lie so hard to say that. It is a sin against nature. The word sodomy comes from Sodom and Gomorrah.
20. Genesis 18:20-21 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
21. Genesis 19:4-7 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.” Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing.
22. Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
23. 2 Peter 2:6-10 Later, God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into heaps of ashes. He made them an example of what will happen to ungodly people. But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man who was sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him. Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment. He is especially hard on those who follow their own twisted sexual desire, and who despise authority. These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at supernatural beings without so much as trembling.
Gay pride is a sin and the rainbow is God’s promise not a symbol of pride. The devil finds ways to pervert everything that the Lord has made.
24. Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
The huge LGBT movement and gay parades were foreseen.
25. Isaiah 3:8-9 “For Jerusalem has stumbled, and Judah has fallen, because what they say and do opposes the Lord; they keep defying him. “The expressions on their faces give them away. They parade their sin around like Sodom; they don’t even try to hide it. How horrible it will be for them, because they have brought disaster on themselves!”
God calls homosexuals sodomites.
26. 1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
Gay rights agenda.
There are many homosexuals that will curse you out and have a ruthless attitude if you say anything about homosexuality yet they never get called out, only Christians even if they say things in a loving way. When you are wrong the only thing that you can do is raise your voice in anger. Romans 1:31 describers today’s gay rights agenda and activists.
27. Romans 1:31 They are foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
The depraved mind.
Satan who is the god of this world seeks to destroy the things of God. Many people are blind. How can the blind lead the blind? When there is blindness, destruction and lawlessness are going to increase. It is going to get worse as time goes on.
All Pastors, ministers, judges, presidential parties, etc. know what the Scriptures say about homosexuality, but many overlook it. They are without the Spirit of God and just like the Bible says they have a depraved mind and they approve of those who practice these things. Romans also shows that those who suppress the truth to seek their own ways are under God’s wrath. God has given them over. This is what happens when God has abandoned a nation.
28. Romans 1:28-30 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
29. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
Homosexuality in the church.
What to do if there are people professing to be Christian, but are practicing homosexuality in my church disregarding rebuke? The nature of the relationship must change. If someone says, “I don’t care what you and the Bible says, it’s my life.” What we do then is plead that they repent and trust in Christ.
You must treat them like an unbeliever. We must do it with love, praying that they come to repentance. No one professing to be Christian who is unrepentantly and actively living in any sexual sin should be allowed to be a member of a biblical church.
30. Matthew 18:15-17 If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Scripture tells us that there will be many false teachers. It is hateful to be silent to the truth. Would you let a child run in front of a moving car without saying anything?
Many people are trying to declassify homosexuality as a sin. That is basically saying, “just go to hell.” Many people are burning in hell right now because of gay preachers and people who condone homosexuality. They find a way to twist the truth. Please don’t listen to these morons that say, “this is what this passage really means” and they twist the passage.
Listening to liars will only drive you deeper into depression while you know deep down it is wrong, but you are trying to find an excuse. Homosexuality is not an alternative lifestyle, it has nothing to do with genetics. It is perversion. It is sin that will take you to hell for eternity.
31. 2 Peter 2:1-2 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.
32. 2 Peter 2:18 They brag about themselves with empty, foolish boasting. With an appeal to twisted sexual desires, they lure back into sin those who have barely escaped from a lifestyle of deception.
Can a Christian struggle with homosexual thoughts?
Yes, just like heterosexual Christian men can struggle with lustful thoughts about women or sinful desires, former homosexuals can struggle with sinful thoughts about the same sex. In fact, some former homosexuals remain single for life.
There are some homosexuals who have been saved by Christ who are able to have strong affections for the opposite sex and there are some who after being saved never have those affections for the opposite sex. Sometimes singleness is a gift from God to be used of God.
33. Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
Should we bash homosexuals?
No, we must tell them that there is a way out in Jesus Christ. We must call them to repentance. Just like people who indulge in any sins many homosexuals are broken. Many Christians are broken, but Christ makes broken things beautiful. There is no permanent joy in the homosexual lifestyle.
Just like any sin you might enjoy it for a moment, but then you go back more broken than before. When you are alone you fall deep into depression. You know you are not right with God. True everlasting joy and contentment is only found in Jesus Christ. We should not have a sign that says, “God hates fags” like the Westboro Baptist Church.
34. 2 Timothy 2:24-26 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
Can a person who has been a homosexual all of their life be saved?
If Jesus can save a murderous man like Paul who killed many Christians He can save you. Don’t ever think that Jesus can’t save you if He has saved the worst and the most hardened homosexuals and sinners of all sorts. He is able.
35. 1 Timothy 1:15-16 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners–of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
Bonus: If you are a homosexual reading this, please humble yourself. Grace is offered to homosexuals if they repent. You can be rescued by Jesus. Your chains can be broken today.
Isaiah 56:3-5 Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say, “The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.” And let no eunuch complain, “I am only a dry tree.” For this is what the Lord says: “To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, who choose what pleases me and hold fast to my covenant— to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will endure forever.
Here are some beautiful words from a former homosexual.
“I struggle with same-sex attractions, but when I struggle I look to the cross and see Jesus hanging there it makes me want to fight. If Jesus sacrificed His life for me to go to Heaven, then I can sacrifice this sinful lifestyle for Him.”
Although homosexuality is not the worst sin it is sinful, it is an abomination to God, and there is no way around it. No one who lives in a continuous lifestyle of sin and rebellion will enter into Heaven. Christians are made new with new desires to obey God.
There is hope for anyone who turns from their sin and puts their trust in Christ. Love is telling someone you’re about to fall off the cliff. Hate is allowing someone to fall off the cliff without saying a thing.
Once again if you are a homosexual and you want to be saved, please read the gospel here.