Are you trying to start your own Christian blog or website, but you do not know where to start? There are many different Christian bloggers and websites that specialize in different things within the faith. There are sites that focus on Christian marriage, helping stay at home moms, defending the faith against cults, answering questions, raising godly kids, everyday Christian living, random blogging, etc.
Do you have a growing passion to encourage others and build others up in faith? Have you been procrastinating? You do not have to be techie to start your own site.
Reasons to start Christian blogging today.
1. To be a blogger you don’t have to be the best writer, but blogging will make you more creative and make you a better writer.
2. You can express your faith to others.
3. You will become wiser and grow in Christ. 2 Peter 3:18 “but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
4. You will make many new friends in the Christian blogging community.
5. You will be able to encourage others. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
6. You will become more bold and you will have more motivation to witness to others in real life.
7. You get to reach hundreds, thousands, and even millions.
8. God’s name will be glorified. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
9. Having a blog gives us another opportunity to pray to the Lord. For example, God give me the words to write, may you allow these words to help someone who needs to hear them, etc.
To start you need to be a Christian of course. Unfortunately I’ve seen many professing Christian blogs that denied that salvation is by faith in Christ alone. I’ve seen many that gave bad advice, encouraged promiscuity, and declassified homosexuality as a sin. As writers remember that you will be held accountable before God if you cause someone to stumble because of your teachings.
Let’s learn how you can create a Christian site in minutes today.
If you are serious about blogging and you want your own name, a search engine friendly, customizable, flexible, and complete control and ownership over your site you will need a paid web hosting service. I don’t recommend using the free WordPress or WordPress Premium. I recommend SiteGround, which offers a $3.95/mo plan, $7.95/mo plan, and a $14.95/mo plan. If you are just starting out, then their $3.95 plan is more than enough. SiteGround gives you all that you need and gives you full ownership of the site so you don’t have to worry about your Christian or church website being deleted and losing all of your content.
1. Start SiteGround here at 60% off.
2. Choose the hosting plan that is right for you. Their Startup $3.95 plan is more than enough for most bloggers.
3. The good thing about SiteGround is that they give you a free domain name. The next step is to make a free domain name to your Christian blog.
4. When you press proceed if the name is available it is going to say congratulations.
5. On the review and complete page add your info such as your name, password, payment, etc.
6. Now you have hosting!
7. When you login to your Customer Area for the first time, you will see a popup asking you if you want to have WordPress preinstalled on your account. Choose get WordPress preinstalled on this account and press proceed.
8. Enter the login information for your new WordPress application.
9. Choose a free WordPress theme and click submit.
10. You are done. You will see where to access your admin area.
11. Now you can begin writing for the glory of God!
“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people in danger of being burned?” Duncan Campbell
“We need, men so possessed by the Spirit of God that God can think His thoughts through our minds, that He can plan His will through our actions, that He can direct His strategy of world evangelization through His Church.” Alan Redpath
“I have but one passion – it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ.”
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” William Wilberforce
Owning a Christian blog or website is our modern calling. One can only imagine what He would have done if He had the internet. Sadly, Christianity is under attack so thank you for your encouragement in the fact that as Christians we each have a calling to share His glory, His life, and His words. We are each called to teach and educate future generations to ensure that He lives forever. You have inspired me. Thank you.
Amen. I truly believe being a Christian that blogs adds another dimension of reaching out to people who does not know The Lord yet. Plus, more seasoned Christians are able to help new believers in their walks with Jesus.