Bible verses about burdens
Some Christians though they say they’re weak they think they are strong? If you are carrying a heavy burden in your life why not give it to the Lord? If you’re not praying about it obviously you think you are strong. If God gives you burdens, then He expects you to give them back to Him.
He expects you to trust in Him. God says He will give us so much things, so why have we stopped taking up His offers?
Through prayer I have received everything God has promised me.
Whether it be wisdom, peace, comfort, help, etc. God has done what He said He would do in trials.
Try it! Run to your prayer closet. If you don’t have one find one.
Tell God what’s going on and say God I want your peace. I can’t do this on my own. Say Holy Spirit help me.
God will take the load off your back. Remember this, if one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? Stop doubting! Set your mind on Christ instead of your problem.
- “We should try our best to pour out all the burdens in our spirit by prayer until all of them have left us.” Watchman Nee
- “A spiritual Christian should welcome any burden which the Lord brings his way.” Watchman Nee
- “Only good things come from God’s hands. He never gives you more than you can bear. Every burden prepares you for eternity.” Basilea Schlink
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens.
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 68:19-20 The Lord deserves praise! Day after day he carries our burden, the God who delivers us. Our God is a God who delivers; the LORD, the sovereign Lord, can rescue from death.
2. Matthew 11:29-30 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
3. Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.
4. Psalm 81:6-7 “I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket. In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
5. 2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
6. Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God among you is powerful— he will save and he will take joyful delight in you. In his love he will renew you with his love; he will celebrate with singing because of you.
7. Psalm 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Give your burdens to God.
8. Psalm 55:22 Turn your burdens over to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will never let the righteous person stumble.
9. Psalm 18:6 But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.
10. Psalm 50:15 Pray to me when you are in trouble! I will deliver you, and you will honor me!”
11. Philippians 4:6-7 Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving. Then God’s peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in union with the Messiah Jesus.
Our awesome refuge
12. Psalm 46:1-2 God is our refuge and strength, a great help in times of distress. Therefore we will not be frightened when the earth roars, when the mountains shake in the depths of the seas
13. Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
Sometimes unconfessed sin is the cause of our burdens. When this happens we must repent.
14. Psalm 38:4-6 My guilt overwhelms me–it is a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and stink because of my foolish sins. I am bent over and racked with pain. All day long I walk around filled with grief.
15. Psalm 40:11-12 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Being a blessing to others.
16. Galatians 6:2 Help carry each other’s burdens. In this way you will follow Christ’s teachings.
17. Philippians 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
18. Romans 15:1-2 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
19. 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
20. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
21. Matthew 6:31-33 So don’t ever worry by saying, ‘What are we going to eat?’ or ‘What are we going to drink?’ or ‘What are we going to wear?’ because it is the unbelievers who are eager for all those things. Surely your heavenly Father knows that you need all of them! But first be concerned about God’s kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.
22. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
23. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
24. Isaiah 10:27 So it will be in that day, that his burden will be removed from your shoulders and his yoke from your neck, and the yoke will be broken because of fatness.
25. Numbers 11:11 Moses said to the LORD, “Why have you dealt ill with your servant? And why have I not found favor in your sight, that you lay the burden of all this people on me?
Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.