Bible verses about underage drinking
Teenage drinking has been the cause of many crimes and deaths in America. I personally know someone who has died from a drunk driving accident. Not only is it dangerous it is sinful for the teen and it is sinful for the purchaser because it’s breaking the law. Drinking in moderation is not a sin, but drunkenness is a sin. It’s easier for someone who started drinking at a young age to become a drunk. Many teens deal with alcoholism and it is truly sad. Drunkards will not make it into Heaven. With alcohol, maturity is needed for everyone. Don’t be conformed to the world. I recommend not drinking to all just to be on the safe side, but if you do happen to drink make sure you are 21 and do it in moderation.
We must obey the law
1. Romans 13:1-6 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.
2. 1 Peter 2:12-15 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.
Be set apart from the world
3. Romans 12:1-2 So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only for God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship. Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect.
4. 1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
Cause no one to stumble
5. 1 Corinthians 8:9-10 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols?
6. Mark 9:42 If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it would be better for that person to have a large stone tied around his neck and be drowned in the sea.
What does the Bible say?
7. Luke 21:34 But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.
8. Romans 13:13-14 Let’s behave decently, as people who live in the light of day. No wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, quarreling, or jealousy! Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, and do not obey your flesh and its desires.
9. Ephesians 5:18-19 Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit. Speak to each other with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music in your hearts to the Lord.
10. Proverbs 20:1 Wine and beer make people lose control; they get loud and stumble around. And that is foolish.
11. 1 Corinthians 10:13 The only temptations that you have are the same temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to endure it.
Many teens have died because of a night of drinking.
12. Ecclesiastes 7:17 Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool— why die before your time?
13. Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
14. Galatians 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
15. Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.