Bible verses about drinking wine
There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. Always remember that Jesus even turned water into wine and wine in Scripture was and is still used today for health benefits. I always recommend staying away from alcohol so you don’t cause anyone to stumble or cause yourself to sin.
Drunkenness is a sin and living in this type of lifestyle will cause many to be denied Heaven. Drinking wine in moderation is not a problem, but many people try to make up their own definition of moderation.
Once again I advise Christians to stay away from alcohol just to be on the safe side, but if you do plan to drink than be responsible.
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 104:14-15 He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts.
2. Ecclesiastes 9:7 Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.
3. 1 Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.
Cause no one to stumble.
4. Romans 14:21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.
5. 1 Corinthians 8:9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
6. 1 Corinthians 8:13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.
Drunkards will not make it into Heaven.
7. Galatians 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
8. Luke 21:34 Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap.
9. Romans 13:13-14 Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
10. 1 Peter 4:3-4 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do–living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.
11. Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.
12. Isaiah 5:22-23 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink.
13. Proverbs 23:29-33 Who has anguish? Who has sorrow? Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? It is the one who spends long hours in the taverns, trying out new drinks. Don’t gaze at the wine, seeing how red it is, how it sparkles in the cup, how smoothly it goes down. For in the end it bites like a poisonous snake; it stings like a viper. You will see hallucinations, and you will say crazy things.
Glory of God
14. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
15. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
16. 1 Timothy 3:8 Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain.
17. Titus 2:3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
18. 1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
19. Titus 1:7 For an overseer, as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain. – (Bible verses about greed)
20. John 2:7-10 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.” They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
21. Numbers 6:20 The priest shall then wave these before the LORD as a wave offering; they are holy and belong to the priest, together with the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. After that, the Nazirite may drink wine.
22. Genesis 9:21-23 One day he drank some wine he had made, and he became drunk and lay naked inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw that his father was naked and went outside and told his brothers.Then Shem and Japheth took a robe, held it over their shoulders, and backed into the tent to cover their father. As they did this, they looked the other way so they would not see him naked.
23. Genesis 19:32-33 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.” That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
24. Genesis 27:37 Isaac said to Esau, “I have made Jacob your master and have declared that all his brothers will be his servants. I have guaranteed him an abundance of grain and wine–what is left for me to give you, my son?”
25. Deuteronomy 33:28 So Israel will live in safety; Jacob will dwell secure in a land of grain and new wine, where the heavens drop dew.