Bible verses about shelter
How awesome is God that He is always there for us. When life is full of storms we must seek shelter in the Lord. He will protect us, encourage us, guide us, and help us. Never stay in the rain, but always take cover in Him.
Don’t use your own strength, but use His. Pour your hearts out to Him and trust Him with all your heart. Know that you can overcome all things through Christ who gives you strength. Be strong my fellow Christian and fight the good fight.
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 27:5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
2. Psalm 31:19-20 Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind! In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues.
3. Psalm 91:1-4 Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God and I trust you.” God will save you from hidden traps and from deadly diseases. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you can hide. His truth will be your shield and protection.
4. Psalm 32:6-8 Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
5. Psalm 46:1-4 God is our protection and our strength. He always helps in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid even if the earth shakes, or the mountains fall into the sea, even if the oceans roar and foam, or the mountains shake at the raging sea. Selah There is a river that brings joy to the city of God, the holy place where God Most High lives.
6. Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
7. Psalm 119:114-17 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed. Uphold me, and I will be delivered; I will always have regard for your decrees.
8. Psalm 61:3-5 You have been my refuge, a tower of strength against the enemy. I would like to be a guest in your tent forever and to take refuge under the protection of your wings. Selah O God, you have heard my vows. You have given me the inheritance that belongs to those who fear your name.
Seek the Lord when times get tough.
9. Psalm 145:15-19 Everyone’s eyes are on you, as you give them their food in due time. You open your hand and keep on satisfying the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all of his ways and graciously loving in all of his activities. The Lord remains near to all who call out to him, to everyone who calls out to him sincerely. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him, hearing their cry and saving them.
10. Lamentations 3:57-58 You drew near when I called out to you. You said, “Stop being afraid” Lord, you have defended my cause; you have redeemed my life.
11. Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
12. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
13. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.
14. Psalm 68:19-20 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death.
15. Ecclesiastes 7:12-14 Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it. Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked?When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.