Bible verses about kind words
Your tongue is a very powerful tool and it has the power of life and death. I always remember when someone helps me with their words. It might not seem like a big deal to them, but I always cherish a good word. Saying kind words to people cheers people up when they are having a bad day.
They bring healing to the soul. They go better with advise. When correcting others no one likes when someone is cruel with their words, but everyone can appreciate and will listen to gracious words.
Use your speech to encourage and uplift others. In your Christian walk of faith keep kindness in your speech because it is indeed very valuable.
Kind Words provide many benefits. Not only to the person it is intended for, but also to the person who is saying them.
“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” Blaise Pascal
“With the help of grace, the habit of saying kind words is very quickly formed, and when once formed, it is not speedily lost.” Frederick W. Faber
“Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” Dale Carnegie”
“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” Albert Schweitzer
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 16:24 Kind words are like honey sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
2. Proverbs 15:26 The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.
The importance of your words.
3. Proverbs 25:11 Like golden apples set in silver is a word spoken at the right time.
4. Proverbs 15:23 Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time!
5. Proverbs 13:2 A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
6. Proverbs 18:20 Wise words satisfy like a good meal; the right words bring satisfaction.
7. Proverbs 18:4 Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.
The mouth of the righteous
8. Proverbs 12:14 From the fruit of his mouth a man is satisfied with good, and the work of a man’s hand comes back to him.
9. Proverbs 10:21 The words of the godly encourage many, but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.
10. Proverbs 10:11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
11. Proverbs 10:20 The words of the godly are like sterling silver; the heart of a fool is worthless.
Good words make a cheerful heart
12. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
13. Proverbs 12:18 Careless words stab like a sword, but the words of wise people bring healing.
14. Proverbs 15:4 Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.
15. Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
16. Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
17. Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
18. Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
19. 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
20. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
21. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
22. Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
23. Romans 14:19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.
24. Zechariah 1:13 And the LORD spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who talked with me.
25. 2 Chronicles 10:6-7 while King Rehoboam conferred with his advisors who had worked with his father Solomon during his administration. He asked them, “What is your advice as to what response I should return to these people?” They replied, “If you will be kind to these people and please them by speaking kind words to them, they will be your servants forever.”