Quotes about Christmas
Let’s be honest, we all love Christmas. Christmas Eve and Day are exciting and fun, which is awesome. However, I encourage you to really use this Christmas as a time of reflection.
Reflect on the Person of Jesus, your relationship with Him, how you can love others more, etc.
My hope is that you are truly inspired by these quotes and Scriptures.
Best merry Christmas quotes
Here are some awesome quotes for the holiday season that you can add to your Christmas card messages. Enjoy time with your loved ones. Cherish every moment that you have with others. Take a moment to examine your own life. Use this season to reflect on Jesus and the great price that was paid for you on the cross.
1. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.”
2. “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.”
3. “When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?” Gilbert K. Chesterton
4.”Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” Winston Churchill
5. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Wishing you happiness.” – Helen Keller
6. “My heart longs for you to realize that you can still celebrate that can still celebrate, bless others, and truly enjoy Christmas while spending and doing less.”
7. “Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; teach us to be patient and always to be kind.”
8. “The only blind person at Christmas time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.”
9. “The best Christmas gift is to realize how much you already have.”
10. “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance – each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.”
11. “Christmas presents come and go. Christmas memories last a lifetime. Good morning.”
12. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.”
13. “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” – Benjamin Franklin
14. “Take a break and chill because this is the time of the year to rejoice, celebrate and also feel rewarded.”
15. “I don’t want much for Christmas. I just want the person who is reading this to be healthy happy and loved.”
16. “Let us have music for Christmas.. Sound the trumpet of Joy and rebirth; Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts, To bring peace to all on earth.”
17. “May the God of hope and peace calm you with His powerful presence at Christmas and always.”
18. “The hope of Christmas lay in a manger, went to the cross, and now sits on the throne. May the King of kings bless you and keep you.”
19. “Tis the season to wish one another joy and love and peace. These are my wishes for you, Merry Christmas our dear friends, may you feel the love this special day.”
20. “The end of another beautiful year is in sight. May the next one be just as bright, and may Christmas fill you with its shining hope.”
21. “May the love of Christ fill your home and every day of your life. Merry Christmas.”
22. “A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year. These make a merry Christmas!”
23. “May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!”
24. “Christmas now surrounds us, Happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.”
25. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”
26. “Wishing you peace love and joy this holiday season.”
27. “Joy to the world! the Lord is come: let earth receive her King.
Let every heart prepare him room,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven, and heaven and nature sing.”
28. “May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.”
The birth of Christ
Many people wonder, what is Christmas about? There is a simple and beautiful answer to this question. It’s not about getting the best deals on electronics and clothes. It’s not about receiving what you wanted since the start of the New Year. It’s not about Christmas trees and ornaments. It’s not about snow and vacation time. It’s not about lights, chocolate, and singing jingle bells. I am not saying that these things are bad. I am saying that there is something that is greater and far more precious than all of these things combined.
Everything else is rubbish in comparison to what Christmas is all about. Christmas is about God’s great love for you! As Christians, we celebrate God’s love for the world through the birth of His Son. We needed to be saved and God brought a Savior. We were lost and God found us. We were far from God and God brought us near through the death, burial, and resurrection of His perfect Son. Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus. He died and rose again so that you and I could live. Let’s reflect on Him and His goodness.
29. “The birth of Christ is the central event in the history of the earth – the very thing the whole story has been about.” C. S. Lewis
30. “This is Christmas: Not the presents, not the carols, but the humble heart that receives the wondrous gift of Christ.”
31. “A thousand times in history a baby has become a king, but only once in history did a King become a baby.”
32. “The giving of gifts is not something man invented. God started the giving spree when He gave a gift beyond words, the unspeakable gift of His Son.”
33. “The birth of Jesus made possible not just a new way of understanding life but a new way of living it.” Frederick Buechner
34. “The birth of Jesus is the sunrise in the Bible.”
35. “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God.” C. S. Lewis
36. “Love came down at Christmas, Love all lovely, Love Divine; Love was born at Christmas; Star and angels gave the sign.”
37. “Infinite, and an infant. Eternal, and yet born of a woman. Almighty, and yet hanging on a woman’s breast. Supporting a universe, and yet needing to be carried in a mother’s arms. King of angels, and yet the reputed son of Joseph. Heir of all things, and yet the carpenter’s despised son.”
38. “We venture to assert, that if there be any day in the year, of which we may be pretty sure that it was not the day on which the Savior was born, it is the 25th of December. Regarding not the day, let us, nevertheless, give thanks to God for the gift of His dear Son.” Charles Spurgeon
39. “Christmas is more than just the birth of Christ but prepares us for the reason he was born and made the ultimate sacrifice by dying on the cross.”
40. “The birth of the baby Jesus stands as the most significant event in all history, because it has meant the pouring into a sick world the healing medicine of love which has transformed all manner of hearts for almost two thousand years.”
41. “Christmas is holy celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.”
42. “The birth of Jesus Christ is a reminder of what Adam and Eve failed to do in the Garden of Eden.”
43. “The virgin birth of Christ is a key doctrine; for if Jesus Christ is not God come in sinless human flesh, then we have no Savior. Jesus had to be.” Warren W. Wiersbe
44. “Whatever you may believe about it, the birth of Jesus was so important that it split history into two parts. Everything that has ever happened on this planet falls into a category of before Christ or after Christ.” Philip Yancey
Quotes about family on Christmas
1 John 4:19 teaches us that “We love because He first loved us. The love that we have for others, is only possible because of God first loving us. We might not see it in this way, but love is a gift from God that we neglect. Cherish those who are in front of you. When you’re no longer in the month of December and all that’s left are nostalgic memories, continue to cherish those around you. The joy that we have for our family and friends and the things that we do in the month of December, should be a pattern in our lives.
I’m not saying that we have to give gifts all the time. However, let’s enjoy each other. Let’s have more family dinners.
Let’s call our family members more often. Hug your children, hug your spouse, hug your parents, and remind them of how much you love them.
Also, consider starting traditions with your family members. Some families get together to read the Christmas story of Jesus. Some families pray together and go to the special Christmas church service together. Let’s praise the Lord for love and thank Him for everyone that He has put in our lives.
45. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
46. “I love how Christmas reminds us to pause and reflect on the important things around us like family, friends, and all the things money can’t buy.”
47. “Christmas brings family and friends together. It helps us to appreciate the love in our lives that we often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.”
48. “Today is next year’s Christmas Memory. Make it one that you will always cherish, and be sure to enjoy every single moment.”
49. “The blinding glory of Jesus was so very much intense that it enlightened the world and Christmas teaches us to keep learning the art of giving and receiving and making family, friends and acquaintances happy.”
50. “Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever. Jesus is God’s perfect, indescribable gift. The amazing thing is that not only are we able to receive this gift, but we are able to share it with others on Christmas and every other day of the year.”
51. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.”
52. “Your children need your presence more than your presents.”
53. “A joy that is shared is a joy made double.”
54. “Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism.”
55. “It’s not what is under the Christmas tree that matters, it is my family and loved ones gathered around it that counts.”
56. “Christmas is the season when people run out of money before they run out of friends.”
57. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
58. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.”
59. “Christmas works like glue, it keeps us all sticking together.”
60. “It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you … yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.”
61. “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.”
62. “Christmas time is cherished family time. family time is sacred time.”
63. “Christmas is not just a day, an event to be observed and speedily forgotten. It is a spirit which should permeate every part of our lives.”
64. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
65. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!”
66. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
67. “Home is where love resides, memories created, friends always belong and families are forever.”
68. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.”
Quotes about Christmas love
One of the things that I love about Christmas is that giving increases. The Christmas spirit or the giving spirit is beautiful. Sacrifices for others are a small glimpse of the incredible sacrifice of Christ on the cross. Instead of death, we received life. Jesus gave up everything, so that we could have everything.
The powerful saving gospel of Jesus Christ produces the kind of heart that expresses love. Let’s allow the gospel to motivate our love and our giving. Ask yourself, how can I sacrifice this season? Allow the blood of Christ to be your motivation.
Sacrifice time to listen to others. Sacrifice time to pray to others. Sacrifice your finances for the poor. Go reconcile that broken relationship with that family member or friend. Remember Proverbs 10:12, “Love covers over all wrongs.” We all want to be served. However, let’s use this holiday season to see how can we serve others.
69. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.”B. C. Forbes
70. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting.”
71. “Christmas is a time for giving love and mending damaged relationships. Let this be your guide this Christmas Eve as we celebrate the birth of Christ.”
72. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. ”
73. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”
74. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
75. “Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.”
76. “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white.”
77. “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white.”
78. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.”
79. “Love the giver more than the gift.”
80. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
81. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.”
82. “For it is in giving that we receive.”
83. “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.”
84. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.”
85. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.”
86. “Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold.”
87. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
88. “Christmas Eve, a perfect night to express affection for your family, to forgive those who failed you and to forget past mistakes.”
89. “A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year. These make a merry Christmas!”
Here are some inspirational and encouraging Christian quotes that remind us of what Christmas is all about. Take a moment to really take in these quotes.
90. “My prayer today is that the message of this Christmas time will be a personal message to you that Jesus will be Prince of Peace in your life and will bring peace and satisfaction and joy to you.”
91. “We need a Savior. Christmas is an indictment before it becomes a delight.” John Piper
92. “Christmas: the Son of God expressing the love of God to save us from the wrath of God so we could enjoy the presence of God.” John Piper
93. “What we celebrate at Christmas is not so much the birth of a baby, but the incarnation of God Himself.” R. C. Sproul
94. “What about putting Christ back into Christmas? It is simply not necessary. Christ has never left Christmas.” R.C. Sproul
95. “Christ is still in Christmas, and for one brief season the secular world broadcasts the message of Christ over every radio station and television channel in the land. Never does the church get as much free air time as during the Christmas season.” R.C. Sproul
96. “If we could condense all the truths of Christmas into only three words, these would be the words: ‘God with us.” John F. MacArthur
97. “The star of Bethlehem was a star of hope that led the wise men to the fulfillment of their expectations, the success of their expedition. Nothing in this world is more fundamental for success in life than hope, and this star pointed to our only source for true hope: Jesus Christ.” D. James Kennedy
98. “Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life.” – Corrie Ten Boom
99. “A baby, a manger, a bright and shining star;
A shepherd, an angel, three kings from afar;
A Savior, a promise from heaven above,
The story of Christmas is filled with God’s love.”
100. “Once in our world, a stable had something in it that was bigger than our whole world.” C.S. Lewis
101. “The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial, and be reminded of the beauty of the One who is Christmas.” Bill Crowder
102. “The angels heralded the birth of the Savior, John the Baptist heralded the coming of the Savior, and we herald the gospel of the Savior.”
103. “Look for yourself and you will find loneliness and despair. But look for Christ and you will find Him and everything else.” ― C.S. Lewis.
104. “There has been only one Christmas – the rest are anniversaries.” – W.J. Cameron
105. “Jesus is the reason for the season!”
106. “Faith is salted and peppered through everything at Christmas. And I love at least one night by the Christmas tree to sing and feel the quiet holiness of that time that’s set apart to celebrate love, friendship, and God’s gift of the Christ child.”
107. “The story of Christmas is the story of God’s relentless love for us.” Max Lucado
108. “The real message of Christmas is not the gifts that we give to each other. Rather, it is a reminder of the gift that God has given to each of us. It is the only gift that truly keeps on giving.”
Bible verses about Christmas
Take a moment to mediate on the powerful truths of God’s Word. Don’t rush. Be still for a moment. Allow God to speak to you with these Scriptures. Take time to pray and reflect. Allow God to remind you of how loved you are.
Allow Him to remind you of how the gospel intimately and radically changes everything. Consider, using these Scriptures to share the gospel message with others.
109. Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
110. John 1:14 “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
111. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
112. Luke 1:14 “And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.”
113. James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
114. Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
115. John 1:4-5 “In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
116. Luke 2:11 “Today your Savior is born in the city of David. He is Christ the Lord.”
117. Psalm 96:11 “Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad.”
118. 2 Corinthians 9:15 “Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
119. Romans 8:32 “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
Find your Joy in Christ. Christmas apart from Christ will never truly satisfy us. Jesus is the only Person that can truly quench that longing to be satisfied that every human desires. Get to know Christ more this Christmas. Run to Him. Rest in His grace. Rest in the fact that you are fully known and still deeply loved by God.
120. “In every season of our lives, in all of the circumstances we may encounter, and in each challenge we may face, Jesus Christ is the light that dispels fear, provides assurance and direction, and engenders enduring peace and joy.”
121. “Through the person and work of Jesus Christ, God fully accomplishes salvation for us, rescuing us from judgment for sin into fellowship with him, and then restores the creation in which we can enjoy our new life together with him forever.” Timothy Keller
122. “Jesus didn’t come to tell us the answers to the questions of life, he came to be the answer.” Timothy Keller
123. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” Martin Luther
124. “True Christianity is not merely believing a certain set of dry abstract propositions: it is to live in daily personal communication with an actual living person – Jesus Christ.” J. C. Ryle
125. “Consider this: Jesus became one of us and lived our life in order to experience our death, so that he could break the power of death.”