Bible verses about toil
Since the beginning we were all made to toil. Christians are to be a good example of hard work. The one who doesn’t want to work will be disgraced and will come to poverty. Whatever your occupation is, do it with enthusiasm and work hard.
What does the Bible say?
1. Ecclesiastes 2:24 There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,
2. Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 I have concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they live, and also that everyone should eat and drink, and find enjoyment in all his toil, for these things are a gift from God.
3. Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
4. Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
5. Proverbs 16:3 Entrust your work to the Lord, and your planning will succeed.
6. Proverbs 14:23 In hard work there is always profit, but too much chattering leads to poverty.
7. Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.
8. Proverbs 12:11-12 The one who works his field will have plenty of food, but whoever chases daydreams lacks wisdom. The wicked person desires a stronghold, but the righteous root endures.
9. Proverbs 18:9-10 The one who is slack in his work is a brother to one who destroys. The name of the Lord is like a strong tower; the righteous person runs to it and is set safely on high.
10. Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
11. 2 Chronicles 15:7 But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.”
12. 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.
Don’t kill yourself working because we all need rest.
13. Psalm 127:2 It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.
14. Proverbs 23:4-5 Don’t exhaust yourself acquiring wealth; be smart enough to stop. When you fix your gaze on it, it’s gone, for it sprouts wings for itself and flies to the sky like an eagle.
15. Ecclesiastes 5:12-14 Sweet is the sleep of a working man, whether he eats a little or a lot, but the excess wealth of the rich will not allow him to rest. I have observed a painful tragedy on earth: Wealth hoarded by its owner harms him, and that wealth is lost in troubled circumstances. Then a son is born, but there is nothing left for him.
16. 1 Thessalonians 2:8-11 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well. Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you. You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed. For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children,
17. Genesis 3:17-19 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”
18. Nehemiah 4:6 So we rebuilt the wall till all of it reached half its height, for the people worked with all their heart.
19. Genesis 5:28-31 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son and called his name Noah, saying, “Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed, this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands.” Lamech lived after he fathered Noah 595 years and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Lamech were 777 years, and he died.
20. Genesis 2:14-16 The name of the third river is Tigris. It flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates. Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work the ground and care for it. The Lord God told the man, “You are free to eat from any tree of the garden.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.