Bible verses about sisters
It’s a natural thing to love your sisters and brothers, just like it’s natural to love ourselves. Scripture teaches us to love other Christians just like you love your siblings. Cherish every moment you have with your sister. Thank the Lord for your sister, who is also a best friend. With sisters you will always have special moments, special memories, and you know someone who will always be there for you.
Sometimes sisters can have the same personality as each other, but other times even among twin sisters, they can be different in so many ways.
Although the personality may differ, the love you have for each other and the strength in your relationship should remain strong and grow even stronger.
Continually pray for your sister, sharpen one another, be thankful, and love them.
- Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. Amy Li
- There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you.
- “A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite.” Elizabeth Fishel
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 3:15 She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
2. Philippians 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
3. Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together. If one falls down, the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone and falls, because no one is there to help. If two lie down together, they will be warm, but a person alone will not be warm.
4. Proverbs 7:4 Love wisdom like a sister; make insight a beloved member of your family.
5. Proverbs 3:17 Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peaceful.
Sisters of Christ.
6. Mark 3:35 Anyone who does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”
7. And his sisters are all with us, aren’t they? So where did this man get all these things?”
Sometimes sisterhood is a strong loving relationship with someone who isn’t blood related.
8. Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth replied: Do not persuade me to leave you or go back and not follow you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May Yahweh punish me, and do so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.
Sometimes siblings do argue or disagree on things.
9. Luke 10:38-42 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him as a guest. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he said. But Martha was distracted with all the preparations she had to make, so she came up to him and said, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do all the work alone? Tell her to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things, but one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the best part; it will not be taken away from her.
We must avoid arguing. If this does happen sisters are to always confess to each other, continue to love, and live in peace.
10. James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
11. Romans 12:18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
12. Philippians 4:1 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
13. Colossians 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
14. Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
We are to treat our sisters with respect.
15. 1 Timothy 5:1-2 Treat older women as you would your mother, and treat younger women with all purity as you would your own sisters.
Be a good role model to your sister. Make her better. Never cause her to stumble.
16. Romans 14:21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.
17. Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
A loving sister weeps over her dead brother.
18. John 11:33-35 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. Jesus wept.
19. Hosea 2:1 “Say of your brothers, ‘My people,’ and of your sisters, ‘My loved one.’
20. Genesis 12:13 So tell them you are my sister so that it may go well for me because of you and my life will be spared on account of you.”
21. 1 Chronicles 2:16 Their sisters were named Zeruiah and Abigail. Zeruiah had three sons named Abishai, Joab, and Asahel.
22. John 19:25 Standing near the cross were Jesus’ mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary (the wife of Clopas), and Mary Magdalene.