Bible verses about mockers
One of the reasons we know Christ is coming soon is by the huge increase in scoffers and mockers. One of the evilest signs I have ever seen was a sign that read God is gay. It was disgusting. It was a complete mockery of God and his righteousness. The mockery that is going on in America is terrible. I’m still praying for people in my family who I heard say well when is he coming blah, blah, blah.
Christians should never fear mockers because God is on our side, but beware because there are many and there will be even more in the future. They are arrogant fools who lack knowledge. Never associate with these people because they will not make you stronger in Christ, but only lead you astray. The world hates Jesus so true Christians will indeed be mocked and persecuted. Mockers don’t even try to understand the Word of God, but instead scoff.
Beware because we are living in a different time. Not only do we find unbelievers mocking harder than ever before, but there are many professing Christians who mock God and his ways. There are many people like President Obama who ridicule the Bible and falsely spread lies throughout Christianity. False converts in America are fighting against God. On topics like homosexuality and abortion they say, those are not sins you’re teaching legalism. In all my years of life I have never seen people twist Scriptures so bad.
They mock God all day long.
Psalm 14:1-2 Fools say to themselves, “There is no God.” They are corrupt and commit evil deeds; not one of them practices what is good. The Lord looks down from the heavens upon humanity to see if anyone shows discernment as he searches for God.
2. Psalm 74:10-12 How long, O God, shall the adversary reproach? Shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever? Why drawest thou back thy hand, even thy right hand? Pluck it out of thy bosom and consume them. Yet God is my King of old, Working salvation in the midst of the earth.
3. Jeremiah 17:15 Listen to what they are saying to me. They are saying, “Where are the things the LORD threatens us with? Come on! Let’s see them happen!”
4. 2 Peter 3:3-4 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5. Galatians 6:7 Stop being deceived; God is not to be ridiculed. A person harvests whatever he plants:
6. Isaiah 28:22 Now stop your mocking, or your chains will become heavier; the Lord, the LORD Almighty, has told me of the destruction decreed against the whole land.
Christians will be persecuted
7. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We often don’t know what to do, but we don’t give up. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed. So we constantly experience the death of Jesus in our own bodies, but this is so that the life of Jesus can also be seen in our bodies.
8. Matthew 5:9-13 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Don’t take revenge on them but always be prepared to give an answer.
9. Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.
10. Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it
11. 1 Peter 3:15-16 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
Mockers hate correction.
12. Proverbs 9:4-12 “Whoever is naive, let him turn in here,” she says to those who lack understanding. “Come, eat some of my food, and drink some of the wine I have mixed. Abandon your foolish ways so that you may live, and proceed in the way of understanding.” Whoever corrects a mocker is asking for insult; whoever reproves a wicked person receives abuse. Do not reprove a mocker or he will hate you; reprove a wise person and he will love you. Give instruction to a wise person, and he will become wiser still; teach a righteous person and he will add to his learning. The beginning of wisdom is to fear the Lord, and acknowledging the Holy One is understanding. For because of me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. If you are wise, you are wise to your own advantage, but if you are a mocker, you alone must bear it.
13. Proverbs 14:6-9 The scorner seeks wisdom but finds none, but understanding is easy for a discerning person. Leave the presence of a foolish person, or you will not understand wise counsel. The wisdom of the shrewd person is to discern his way, but the folly of fools is deception. Fools mock at reparation, but among the upright there is favor.
On Judgement Day their luck will run out.
14. Proverbs 19:28-30 A corrupt witness mocks justice, and the wicked person feeds on iniquity. Condemnation is appropriate for mockers, just as beatings are for the backs of fools.
15. Matthew 12:35-37 A good person brings good things out of a good treasure house, and an evil person brings evil things out of an evil treasure house. I tell you, on Judgment Day people will give an account for every thoughtless word they have uttered, because by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Proverbs 1:21-23 She calls out at the busiest part of the noisy streets, and at the entrance to the gates of the city she utters her words: “How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded? And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing And fools hate knowledge? “Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.
You will be hated and mocked for standing up for Christ.
17. Matthew 10:22 and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
18. Mark 13:13 All people will hate you because you follow me, but those people who keep their faith until the end will be saved.
19. John 15:18-19 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as it loves its own. But I have chosen you out of the world, so you don’t belong to it. That is why the world hates you.
20. Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: “Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, ‘Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!‘ Yet they will be put to shame.
21. Mark 10:32-34 As Jesus and the people with him were on the road to Jerusalem, he was leading the way. His followers were amazed, but others in the crowd who followed were afraid. Again Jesus took the twelve apostles aside and began to tell them what was about to happen in Jerusalem. He said, “Look, we are going to Jerusalem. The Son of Man will be turned over to the leading priests and the teachers of the law. They will say that he must die, and they will turn him over to the non-Jewish people, who will laugh at him and spit on him. They will beat him with whips and crucify him. But on the third day, he will rise to life again.”
22. Psalm 22:5-9 They cried to you and were saved. They trusted you and were never disappointed. Yet, I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned by humanity and despised by people. All who see me make fun of me. Insults pour from their mouths. They shake their heads and say, “Put yourself in the Lord’s hands. Let the Lord save him! Let God rescue him since he is pleased with him!” Indeed, you are the one who brought me out of the womb, the one who made me feel safe at my mother’s breasts.
23. Hosea 7:3-6 “They delight the king with their wickedness, the princes with their lies. They are all adulterers, burning like an oven whose fire the baker need not stir from the kneading of the dough till it rises. On the day of the festival of our king the princes become inflamed with wine, and he joins hands with the mockers. Their hearts are like an oven; they approach him with intrigue. Their passion smolders all night; in the morning it blazes like a flaming fire.
24. Job 17:1-4 My spirit is broken, my days are cut short, the grave awaits me. Surely mockers surround me; my eyes must dwell on their hostility. “Give me, O God, the pledge you demand. Who else will put up security for me? You have closed their minds to understanding; therefore you will not let them triumph.
25. Job 21:1-5 Then Job answered and said: “Keep listening to my words, and let this be your comfort. Bear with me, and I will speak, and after I have spoken, mock on. As for me, is my complaint against man? Why should I not be impatient? Look at me and be appalled, and lay your hand over your mouth.
2 Thessalonians 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.