Bible verses about lukewarm Christians
I would like to start off by saying most of the people in churches today are lukewarm false converts. People always ask am I a lukewarm Christian? Sometimes a person is just a weak immature believer, but he won’t remain that way.
Then, other times a person is just lukewarm and has one foot in and one foot out and falsely thinks that he is saved. I would like to add as well that sometimes even the strongest of Christians can lose zeal or backslide, but they won’t remain in that state because God will discipline them and bring them into repentance.
Repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Christ today and you shall be saved. Many will go before God and they will be denied Heaven and God’s wrath will be upon them.
Things about lukewarm Christians.
1. They only come to God when they have a problem.
2. Their Christianity is what can God do for me? How can He make my life better?
3. They don’t obey the Word of God and even try to twist Scripture to justify sin. They call obeying the Bible legalism or radical.
4. They think they are Christians because they do good deeds or go to church. They live like devils 6 days a week and are holy on Sunday.
5. They compromise with the world because it’s the most popular choice.
6. They only want to be Christian because they are afraid of hell.
7. They have no repentance. They are not truly sorry for their sins nor do they want to change.
8. They think they’re saved because they compare themselves to others around them.
10. They care more of what others think rather than the Lord.
11. They don’t have new desires for Christ and never did.
12. They are not willing to make sacrifices. If they do make sacrifices it will be close to nothing and it won’t affect them at all.
13. They love to say things like do not judge.
What does the Bible say?
1. Revelation 3:14-16 To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
2. Matthew 7:16-17 You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You need never confuse grapevines with thorn bushes or figs with thistles. Different kinds of fruit trees can quickly be identified by examining their fruit.
3. Matthew 23:25-28 Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
4. Isaiah 29:13 The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”
5. Titus 1:16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
6. Mark 4:15-19 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.
Everything lukewarm will be cast into hell.
7. Matthew 7:20-25 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers! Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
They refuse to listen to God’s Word.
8. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
9. 1 John 3:8-10 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
10. Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left.
Everything is for show.
11. Matthew 6:1 Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven.
12. Matthew 23:5-7 Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.
They love the world.
13. 1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
14. James 4:4 You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.
You are saved by faith and faith alone, but a false convert shows no works because they are not a new creation.
15. James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
16. James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
17. James 2:20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
18. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
19. 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
Lukewarm Christians don’t want to deny themselves.
20. Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
21. Matthew 10:38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
22. 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
23. Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.
24. Matthew 10:32-33 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
25. Mark 1:15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”